cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Task Bar??

Chillisteak
Protege
Hey folk,

Any ideas to fix this would be appreciated...

My for lack of better a name I'll call it the Oculus taskbar (the bar that allows me to click Virtual Desktop, home settings etc) Appears to have moved to the middle of the screen and I've no clue how to get it back to the bottom again.
In its current position it's directly in my line of sight, so if I use the virtual desktop (which I do regularly) I have to look under it etc. 

I tried recentring my view despite everything else being positioned perfect, no effect on the taskbar, I tried resetting the sensor tracking and again no effect on this bar.
So I'm assuming somehow there's a way of moving it that I'm missing and have done accidentally. 
4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Just grab it with your right controller by hovering it over the dash menu bar, squeeze the trigger and drag it down.  Next time you startup it should remember where you positioned it but you may still need to finetune its position.

I'm assuming you are using an Oculus Rift btw.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Chillisteak
Protege
Yeah Oculus Rift, when you say controller, xbox pad do it? because I got my rift before they started bundling the touch controllers with it.

Chillisteak
Protege
Ok moved it with the xbox pad, but you can't adjust it like you can with grabbing a window, so it now appears to be curved at the bottom and at a distance making it hard to read. But it's not in the way any longer, which is a bonus. Odd that it's suddenly done this as I've not even connected an xbox pad in months to move anything.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, much easier to do with touch controllers.  I didn’t even know you could move it with an Xbox controller.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers