cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch Batteries

dannox
Honored Guest
Hi,
in oculus touch pack there are two AA batteries. Supponsing each one will be used for the tools,
how can I open the handtool for placing the battery?

cheers
12 REPLIES 12

MonkehNZ
Honored Guest
You already have a touch? I thought they were not released yet.. trolling?

Anonymous
Not applicable

MonkehNZ said:

You already have a touch? I thought they were not released yet.. trolling?

could be a developer 🙂 Oculus has been sending them out to devs at the moment

dannox
Honored Guest
exactly

Anonymous
Not applicable
to be honest I don't think any of us will know as none of us have it! I'm sure there will be a panel that slides open though 🙂 Maybe contact the person at oculus who gave you the controllers if your stuck?

Iblysi
Heroic Explorer
I am not 100% sure as i only hold them and not opened them up. but you should be able to slide the outer sides of the touch controllers off like with the oculus remote.

dannox
Honored Guest
finally I did it!

dannox
Honored Guest

ShiftyInc said:

I am not 100% sure as i only hold them and not opened them up. but you should be able to slide the outer sides of the touch controllers off like with the oculus remote.

I tried  every plausible direction, there is only one panel that can slide... before using the screwdriver and damage something I'll wait support answer... anyway nobody can say to me RTFM

RedToasty
Protege
It is indeed the bit on the hand grip you slide open. They click off downwards, away from the body of the controller, I just held the touch in my hand and pushed the battery compartment open with my thumb. It does require a slightly uncomfortable amount of force when they're brand new 🙂 Getting them back on again is easy though.

I didn't need to use a screwdriver. I'd really avoid hacking at them with tools yet.

w_benjamin
Adventurer
Can you tell me the size of the controllers? (l,w,h)

I'm building a box for all my peripherals and I want to allocate space for the controllers.