cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Voice Commands Update not updating

Twilight_Aquila
Protege

Hello all, I have Oculus Voice Commands on my Oculus Quest 2 headset that has an update. I have tried updating it multiple times now and it still won't update. Either, the update went through and it doesn't recognize it, or something else is not working. It's been saying that it has an update for the past few days. What's up with that? Are any of you facing that same issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SOLUTION:  Instead of going to the drop down "Updates" instead go to the drop down "Oculus Apps".  Look at the Voice Commands icon and click on the three dots and go to details.  It will bring up the page for Voice Commands then I clicked update from there and it will downloaded fine with no problem from that location for some reason.  Hope this actually is helpful. 

DawnOfTimeBC_0-1660919910437.png

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

gargoylz
Honored Guest

Mine is doing the same thing! No matter how many times I tell it to update, it doesn't do anything. Unless, like you suggested, maybe it updated but doesn't recognise that it did.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. We know what it can feel like when an update wont behave. Let's see what we can do to help you.

There are a couple of options you can try for the headset:

• Reboot headset - steps are added for you HERE.
  • Change Wi-Fi
  • Reinstalling the Oculus Companion app.
  • Factory Reset - We added steps for you HERE.

If these do not work, we suggest making a Support ticket for further assistance HERE for that one on one experience.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DawnOfTimeBC
Explorer

I am having this same exact problem with the Oculus Voice Command not updating as well despite it showing it needs an update and me clicking on it.  Is it a problem that technically the Voice Command "app" is running and thus can't update unless it is turned off some how?  Has anyone found a "real" solution?

What exactly is the Oculus Companion app on the quest headset? Isn't the Companion App the app for the phone?  How would reinstalling this help the situation?  Also how would Changing the Wi-Fi help when all our other apps update fine?

Hey @DawnOfTimeBC,

We love answering questions! Thanks for asking such great ones in Your Community. We'd be happy to help!

• The headset doesn't have an Oculus app to download to it because the device's hardware and software are already compatible! The Oculus Companion app is for use with your Meta Quest device. It enables users to download VR apps/games from the Meta Store and find friends to connect with in the Metaverse.

• Also, the reason for uninstalling and reinstalling the app is that it's the quickest way to make sure that the app is completely updated and free of errors. It's a fresh install!

• As for the Wi-Fi network, you would ideally have a dedicated 5Ghz Wi-Fi close by, preferably in the same room. It can't be a mesh network. You also need to make sure the headset and phone are on the same network, not one on Wi-Fi and one on the cell plan.

Feel free to reach back out here directly in PM with any questions or support needs!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I know that the Oculus app is for the phone that's why I was asking why you would suggest reinstalling that on the phone to solve an issue in the headset.  Why would I reinstall the app in the phone when the issue we are having is in the headset.  Perhaps this is a bot answering these questions of ours or you are not understanding the issue we are all having.  The wi-fi response also makes no sense in this respect so I will assume you are bot or your are merely cut and pasting answers to things that have no relevance in to the issues we are having.

DawnOfTimeBC
Explorer

Solution:  Instead of going to the drop down "Updates" instead go to the drop down "Oculus Apps".  Look at the Voice Commands icon and click on the three dots and go to details.  It will bring up the page for Voice Commands then I clicked update from there and it will downloaded fine with no problem from that location for some reason.  Hope this actually is helpful.  🙂

Hi again Dawn,

Rest assured, Your Meta Quest Support Team is 100% human and here to help any way we can!

Thank you so much for posting your solution! Happy gaming!

Hello, how do I reset the Oculus Companion app? What does locking the app do? Could locking it help?