cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus airlink won't launch

Defender24680
Honored Guest

So I've been trying to turn on the airlink.

I have v28 both on the app and on the Oculus quest 2 hardware. I form the connection and press the

launch button.

Once I do that, the screen turns black as if it's about to load something, but then the normal environment

shows up and no the dash.

Anyone else experienced it? 

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE!! If you figured a way around it by now, please tell me!

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Ditto. Also, Oculus Link (tethered) is busted as well for me as of V28.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Okay, I managed to get Air Link working for a bit this morning. Here's what I did. It may or may not work for you. And I make no promises it's a permanent fix.

1. I disabled Air Link both in the PC app and in the Quest 2 headset.

2. I launched both the PC app and started up my Quest 2.

3. I enabled Air Link in the PC app. I did this using Oculus Link, which randomly decided to work this morning. But any other virtual desktop should work. As should just pulling off the Quest and doing it on your PC.

4. I enabled Air Link in the Quest 2

5. I paired, then tried launching Air Link.

Those steps got it working this morning for me. But I'm not sure why. It's nothing I hadn't done before. Only difference was that I enabled Air Link while using Oculus Link since that had decided to work for the first time since my desktop updated to Oculus V28. I'd tried both enabling Air Link in the headset first and on the PC first before, and neither helped.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Shwagmasta2
Honored Guest

I have an nvidia 2060 with the same issue:

HERE IS HOW I FIXED IT

after hours of rsearching for fixes, I ended up making everything run on my nvidia chip (apps and stuff) rather than integrated graphics.

THEN I DOWNLOADED THE OLDEST NVIDIA DRIVER FOR MY LAPTOP GPU (october 2020) AND IT WORKED

SomeBlox
Explorer

Same for me, multiple times I tried to launch it, but the launch button is still greyed out.

ReflectTruth
Protege

Anybody work here that could help?? Also experiencing the same issue

Hi everyone! If you're still having issues with Air Link not launching properly, please visit this public support article on best practices and known issues. You can also try re-pairing Air Link:

• On the PC
    1. Navigate to the Settings section of the Oculus Home app
    2. Locate the "Beta" settings, and ensure that Air Link is switched off
  • In Quest 2
    1. Navigate to the Settings menu, and select "Experimental Features"
    2. Ensure "Air Link" is disabled/toggled off
  • Restart Both Devices and re-pair the Quest 2 to the PC.

If you are still in need of assistance, please submit a support ticket with all troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Our team will be happy to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

That's exactly what happened to me and its been like that for months, please tell me if you found a fix

xxnia_beanxx
Honored Guest

yes, this exact thing is happening to me rn. did u figure out how to fix it?