Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus and 3ds Max Interactive

Gio-VR
Honored Guest
Hello, 

My name is Giorgio and I'm new in the VR  community 🙂

I bough a Rift just some days ago and it works great with sensors and the touch pads. I would like to create some 3D environment to walk into and I'm starting to use 3ds Max Interactive to do that.

I’ve also tried to post in the Autodesk forum, but I didn’t solve the problem.

When I start a 3dsMax Interactive template scene (using the button 'test level') I can see the scene on my laptop screen, but not on my Oculus
I also tried to press the 'run project' button instead of 'test level', but I don't see anything through the Oculus. (my oculus works great in its home app)

Did I miss something? Like a plug-in or similar?
Have I to set some preference in 3ds Max maybe? I mean something like: 'Use my Oculus Rift instead of the laptop screen?' 🙂

Anyone is used to play with this 3ds Max stuff?

Thank you very much!
4 REPLIES 4

lord_of_shred
Adventurer
Sorry if I chime in with no idea about the 3ds Max feature but have you enabled "Allow Unknown Sources" in the Oculus Runtime/Home?

https://support.oculus.com/632287656943461/

lag0matic
Heroic Explorer
Hm. I've not messed with Max in ages, but I'd think the unknown sources that Lord pointed out would be a good start.
I'd also make sure that there's no place in max to set up the Rift, I know Max can be notoriously fiddly!

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star

I have 3DS Max 2017 and Oculus CV1, but haven't tried using Max directly with the headset before.

I've used it via the desktop integration in Dash, but I don't think that is what you mean. as it is just like using it on a flat screen monitor, but in a virtual world 🙂

I'll have a look at my rig later and report back on findings.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Gio-VR
Honored Guest
Hey thanks for the reply guys.. 
I would like to highlight that I’m talking about 3ds Max Interactive (Not the standard one)

take a look at this please https://youtu.be/kQuFSq3bDNs

(I think the old name of the program was Stingray)
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?