cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus application crashing

TheErycola
Honored Guest

Hello,

I've been my oculus rift for over half a year and everything has been perfect until today. I try load oculus up and it crashes. I try loading it up again and it crashes so fast nothing shows up. I ended up restarting my pc and then it seemed fine until it crashed a few minutes later. I was able to uninstall it and i was trying to install it again but it crashes before it can. I've restarted my pc many times and it's not working. I can't find a fix anywhere. 

I am using the windows application I have a Nvidia 1050ti gpu and I have the Intel Core i5 cpu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to fix my problem by "nuking" the program completely then reinstalling it. 

To nuke it you have to reboot your pc into safe mode, disconnect from the internet, then uninstalling using the uninstaller in the save program. Then you have to manually delete the folders from the appdata directories

C:\Users\"YourUser"\AppData there will be 3 folders in there. Go into them and delete the oculus folders in each one. Once that is done empty your recycle bin then boot back into normal mode. Then you can reinstall the oculus program

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine crashes too though only every 5 mins or so. Only since this morning with the Version 27 Beta drivers.

I was able to fix my problem by "nuking" the program completely then reinstalling it. 

To nuke it you have to reboot your pc into safe mode, disconnect from the internet, then uninstalling using the uninstaller in the save program. Then you have to manually delete the folders from the appdata directories

C:\Users\"YourUser"\AppData there will be 3 folders in there. Go into them and delete the oculus folders in each one. Once that is done empty your recycle bin then boot back into normal mode. Then you can reinstall the oculus program