cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Oculus assistant services keeps stopping” with the keypad

SpookumMcGookums
Explorer

For some reason, i cant seem to use my keypad at all, as when i try to use it, it causes an error screen to pop up saying the oculus assistant services keeps stopping, what do i do to fix this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SpookumMcGookums
Explorer

So in short, for what ive discovered on my own and read via replies here from what the admin has said, theres three ways of doing this

-updating your oculus keyboard (if it has not been updated)

-disable voice commands entirely ( in which im going to assume theres going to be an update for the keyboard sooner or later)

- or uninstall all apps ( which is what i discovered by complete acident, course reinstall them)

the last one however im not too sure on, as it could be just certain apps that do it, so be careful on that

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63

saeculapragma
Honored Guest

My oculus gives me a prompt that say oculus assistant service is not responding when I try typing in th browser what do I do 

frankleinbach
Honored Guest

I am receiving the same issue ever since the last update. I can't type anything on my Oculus keyboard.

I keep getting the same error. Anyone have a fix? Rebooting doesn't seem to help. 

Hey there! Can you try updating the Voice Commands app and see if that fixes the issue? Some users have had this issue before with the Oculus Assistant Service keeps stopping error popping up in the Meta Quest Browser. If that doesn't work, try disabling voice commands entirely in your Settings. 

Let us know if that works out or not, and we'll see what else we can suggest!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Zerfs
Explorer

How do we update the voice commands app? 

Great question! In your library, if there's an update for the Voice Commands app, it should prompt you to update it before launching it, similar to other apps. If there are no updates queued, try disabling voice commands entirely.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

AJOrsini96
Honored Guest

Getting the same message. There is no update for voice commands and i tried disabling voice. Still happening. Please help.

Hey there, thanks for your feedback! We're seeing this happening to quite a few people right now and we're going to look into a resolution and see how we can help. 

While we wait on word on this, have you tried hard resetting your headset? You can just hold down the power button until your headset shuts off, then turn it back on after a few moments. Please let us know if you see any changes from this!

Thank you for reaching out. Yes I did and believe it or not a new problem emerged when I did that. So when you power on the oculus the meta logo appears, you get a quick screen with three dots and then the cam shot appears where you select your guardian. I did a hard reset and now for some reason after the meta logo appears, the three dots appear and then freezes. Even though I can hear the usual sounds I can't see anything. I have to tap the power button to send it to standby, then when I bring it back I can see again. These are all new issues.