cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Oculus assistant services keeps stopping” with the keypad

SpookumMcGookums
Explorer

For some reason, i cant seem to use my keypad at all, as when i try to use it, it causes an error screen to pop up saying the oculus assistant services keeps stopping, what do i do to fix this

63 REPLIES 63

dougshermer
Explorer

This is the fix that worked for me

Oppened Apps, and the filter on the top right I. selected "Updates".  I had a few apps that had updates I had not done. Voice Commands was one of them.  I ran the update, and it worked.

Thanks. Updating "Voice Commands" fixed it.

tequilajohn313
Honored Guest

Has anyone found a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue... 

I bought my first Quest 2 about two months ago and within 4 days the screen started going black if I moved the headset even slightly. I sent it back and was given another new one now a month after I started using my replacement I get "Oculus Assistant has stopped working" when trying to type anything from the keypad.

Are these things just problematic or what? My experience has not been great to say the least.

If there is a fix for this I'd appreciate the info

This is the fix that worked for me

Oppened Apps, and the filter on the top right I. selected "Updates".  I had a few apps that had updates I had not done. Voice Commands was one of them.  I ran the update, and it worked.

other than that I haven’t had any problems 

I started receiving this error using my keyboard in Browser and Messenger App. Saw this post about updating the Voice Commands App…went to mine and there was an update. No more error. Thank you!

Ok well i forgot to update this but, i later found out after doing heavy digging, that vr chat was the cause, i found this out by accident as i uninstalled it to fix a minor bug, little did i know that uninstalling it fixed the keypad, its reinstalled, so i can only assume it was because of an update, im not sure, hiwever im not sure if its the fault of vr chat itself, just thought id note that

It didnt but im sure its worked for others

SpookumMcGookums
Explorer

So in short, for what ive discovered on my own and read via replies here from what the admin has said, theres three ways of doing this

-updating your oculus keyboard (if it has not been updated)

-disable voice commands entirely ( in which im going to assume theres going to be an update for the keyboard sooner or later)

- or uninstall all apps ( which is what i discovered by complete acident, course reinstall them)

the last one however im not too sure on, as it could be just certain apps that do it, so be careful on that

Thanks Doug, that worked for me... I appreciate your help sir.

i had the same issue " the ocolus assistant services keeps stoppiing", no update available for thd voice commands app,. i was able to fix the probem by turning off the microphone access for the voice commands app, exiting to my home screen and opening my browser to check to see if the promlem presisted. Once i no longer got the error msg, i reenabled microphone access and it's sill working.

Hope this helps...