cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus can`t find sensors after updating driver today

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

just started up home and it told me I had to do an update. After home is telling me to connect my sensors (got two). In windows device manager it says driver is unavailable for both. I have: disconnected sensors, tried new usb ports and also removed sensors from device manager without success. Would appreciate it if anyone could tell me other things to try.

Regards,

Petro
17 REPLIES 17

ten10
Protege
Same problem for me ...
I'm running a DK2 and it's DK2 camera sensor all the time perfectly without any problems. It was working flawless until Oculus Home told me i have to update the drivers (it refused to run the newly purchased "Batman VR", said i NEED to run the update to get it working ??).

I've made a test by resetting my Windows 10 to a recover point a few days back and the sensor and everything was working again. Then  again, Oculus Home pushed me to update the set back driver, to be able to run purchased content.
So i did it again, installed the newest driver and now i'm back again to a NOT working , NOT detected sensor (DK2 camera).
There is no problem with the hardware, since this DK2 camera sensor is flawlessly detected by windows as a device - pulling the connection wire and plug it in again a few times, Windows 10 ALWAYS detects this device.

So it's clearly an error (.... or a "wanted error" ?? for my "old" Rift hardware ...) of this newest driver, to mess everything up !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good thing I'm not alone in this then. Thats good info. Anyone else with the same problem? Any word from support on this?

Tjames66
Explorer
last evening I kept getting a pop-up while playing Elite that there was a problem with my sensors, it didn't seem to bother anything just a ding and when I took off the headset I would see the warning .

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you all please upload your LogGatherer zip file?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
Also, feel free to reach out to support below:
https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tu6tu6
Honored Guest
Same problem here, after updating the rift my sensor cannot find a driver.
Tried to choose the path manually C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
tried to reinstall and change usb ports , none of this was helpful.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try double-clicking on the oculus-drivers.exe file in that same folder?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tu6tu6
Honored Guest

Can you try double-clicking on the oculus-drivers.exe file in that same folder?

Done that too, sensor still not recognized.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in contact with support and have uploaded my log file to them so will not do this here, or should I?

Its a weird problem. Device manager in windows identify the sensors as cv1 external cameras, but they have no drivers. I've tried updating drivers in device manager, I've done un-install/re-installs of oculus software, repairs, and also I've tride double clicking oculus-drivers.exe. Double checked my drivers for usb. In devices in oculus home software it registers my HMD, touch controllers and the remote. No sensors show up.

It seems the drivers do not "connect" with the sensors :(.

Petro

Milmc
Honored Guest
Same here, after update sensor's are gone.