cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus crashing computer entirely on startup

midoyuri
Level 2

I've been trying to play my oculus touch that I bought several years ago (and has worked up until now). I installed some updates, and attempted to launch, however each time ends the same way: I initially am shown the menu, can move my head and hands and interact with the menu, but when the virtual house/homescreen area starts to load in, the entire thing freezes not only the oculus but the entire computer, to the extent that I can't interact with anything and have to do a hard restart. My drivers are all up to date, I've tried re-setting up the whole system, headset, sensors, and controllers, I've tried reinstalling the oculus software entirely, and without fail I always recieve the same result. Before loading into the virtual home, there are no issues with lag in the display within the oculus and the interactions are normal and crisp. I have also tried loading directly into a game, and the oculus then froze as the game loaded as opposed to in the virtual home. I am out of ideas for what to try to fix it. 

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello @midoyuri If you haven't already please open a support ticket with us here and we will gladly help you in resolving the issue. Thanks!