cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus desktop app install stops at 138mb

Dershum
Honored Guest
System: Quest 2, Win 10 x64, genuine Oculus Link cable. 

Stop me if you've seen this one before. I've seen lots and lots of posts on this, but so far none of the suggestions have worked. 

I had the software installed and working - but I've been trying to get Elite: Dangerous to install. For some reason, the installation kept failing. Suspecting the downloaded game data might have been corrupted, I wanted to try and force a re-download, but couldn't find where the temp data was located. So I figured I'd just try uninstalling / reinstalling the Oculus desktop app. Hooboy that was a mistake.

So now the installer keeps stopping at 138mb. I have so far:
  • Deleted the c:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache 
  • Tried installing on another drive (also deleting the OculusSetup-DownloadCache on that drive after a failed install attempt)
  • Deleted all %appdata%\local and \roaming "oculus" folders.
  • Deleted the Oculus folder in Program Files
  • Disabled antivirus, antimalware, and windows defender entirely
  • Disconnected the headset from my PC
Reading through similar issues (and wow there's a lot) there doesn't actually seem to be an answer, short of some people having success with a VPN. If I have to buy a VPN service just to install software from Oculus, I think that Oculus needs to SERIOUSLY rethink their installer strategy. And something tells me it's NOT my antirvirus, antimalware, or windows defender...cause...well, IT INSTALLED ONCE BEFORE ALREADY.

But anyway.

Oh, and this is also after spending several hours trying to figure out why the headset thinks the VR Link connection on the back of my 2070 super is USB 2 and not USB 3. And this is with a genuine Oculus Link cable. So I guess I need to buy a different cable and try that out, to see if it's a quality issue on that cable.
1 REPLY 1

RitzyB01
Honored Guest

Well did you end up figuring it out I tried everything you tried, and Mine just stops randomly between 5.08GB and 5.12GB.