cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus go won't pair with phone.

mcpherson22
Explorer
I VERY disappointed in this product thus far. It should not require a phone for anything in the first place! When I buy a DVD player I don't have to own a washing machine to activate it.

My phone wasn't able to run the app, nor were two other phones that I  tried. I finally got to borrow one that can run run the app and it simply WILL NOT pair with the go. On top of that the oculus support pages are a joke. This is RIDICULOUS. Someone please help!
8 REPLIES 8

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please speak with us on the support ticket for assistance. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

mcpherson22
Explorer
Already doing that, but since the support is email based I'm hoping someone else has some suggestions.

mcpherson22
Explorer
anyone?

longshot1984
Honored Guest
Same here...  And I do have an Iphone... but can't pair with it...  :'(

brandonyuen
Explorer
Same here. The app can see the serial number of my Oculus Go, but pairing always fails.
I contacted support, but, so far, I've only received a couple of links to the basic setup instructions and the minimum phone requirements. Hoping to get someone who can help troubleshoot.

In the meantime, I've discovered that holding down the Vol+ and Vol- buttons brings up another menu that allows me to connect to the WiFi manually. There are no apps though, and the App store doesn't work this way (it says to check my internet connection), but at least I can watch YouTube videos via the browser. 🙂

bradpeebler
Honored Guest
Same issue. I have had several emails back and forth sixth support. I have tried 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and and Android phone. I have rebooted phones and headset. I have turned BT on and off. I have deleted the app and reinstalled. Still no pairing which makes the product next to worthless. Please someone at Oculus get us some reasonable options to solve this. I'm leaning towards swapping it out at the store where I bought it to see if its a hardware issue.

SripatiDas
Honored Guest
Hello All,

I have purchased new Oculus Go 64 GB and since last two days, I have been trying to pair my Oneplue 2 Android 6.0.1 Mobile App with my Oculus. I have raised tickets but multiple tickets are closed and only setup links are shared with me. Is there any way I can do it?

Even I tried to pair my mobile Bluetooth menu manual pairing. But sometimes got Oculus GO and sometimes OMVR-V190 or both bluetooth device. Clikcing on Oculus Go device it asks to confirm popped up PIN and then reject with the message "Couldn't Pair with Oculus Go because of an incorrect PIN or passkey". Another Bluetooth device connect attempt is just trying with grayed our then enabled. No luck either way.

I have tried to restarted mobile, reinstalled Oculus App but there is no luck in it.

Oculus SR#637009636982636998637013, etc. created during chat windows & my tickets.

ivan_cirone
Honored Guest
Ho lo stesso problema... sono bloccato e non riesco ad andare avanti. Avete risolto ??
I have the same problem ... I'm stuck and I can not keep going. Have you solved ??