cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus home rooms randomly empty?

tacocatism
Explorer

My oculus home randomly deleted every object from all of my rooms. All of my rooms are empty. Why did this happen? Can I recover the rooms I spent hours decorating and arranging?

77 REPLIES 77

ReverendTed
Protege

That's odd.  I replied to this topic with a link to the Oculus Support form, but my post disappeared without explanation.

I'm going to try again, but if my post disappears I'll assume it's being removed on purpose.

To contact Oculus Support:
https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I have not yet heard back from Support, myself, but I presume they're not working on the weekend.

Oculus Rift CV1, Touch, 3 Sensors, GeForce GTX 1080

PiDerGrieche
Explorer

Reply from Oculus Support on Reddit:

"Hey there! We are aware of the issue and are currently looking into it. Thank you for your patience!"

Ok, that's good to hear so we'll have to wait

Thanks for the update!  It didn't dawn on me to check Reddit.

Oculus Rift CV1, Touch, 3 Sensors, GeForce GTX 1080

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can say Logging out and back in didn't do anything aside from being way more complicated than logging out and back in should be.

I got the same reply from Oculus Support. They also wanted photos of my Rift cable that failed because of the sharp plastic guide on the headset. I had complained about that, too, as my main reason for buying the Quest 2.

"Hey there! We are aware of the issue and are currently looking into it. Thank you for your patience!"
I got the same reply from Oculus Support. They also wanted photos of my Rift cable that failed because of the sharp plastic guide on the headset. I had complained about that, too, as my main reason for buying the Quest 2.

interstate15
Honored Guest

Same problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have started using the virtual desktop features in Virtual Paradise, and it's a pretty decent workaround for now. The ladies are actually rendered in front of the virtual desktop panels, for total immersion while I'm watching you tube. 🙂

LorenCN
Honored Guest

My Oculus home also is an empty shell now and I'm waiting to hear what Oculus support has to say. 

Notams
Explorer

Sorry if this posts twice. For some reason they keep telling me there is an invalid html so doing it in plain text now.

This is what I got from Oculus Support. If I am reading it correctly, sounds like they're saying I have to rebuild my room "You should not lose any of your objects, but you will need to re-setup your environment.". They're blaming it on a corrupted object. I haven't added a custom object in over two years and even then I only had 3 or 4 that I experimented with and they have worked fine all this time. Did this happen to anyone else that just used Oculus objects? I have a feeling this is going to be their answer and you pretty much have to rebuild your room. 

AlyssaGA (Oculus Support)

May 2, 2021, 21:45 PDT

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support.

I understand that you're having issues with your Oculus Home. I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this on your own, rest assured I'm more than happy to work this out with you.

This issue can happen when the default home environment has been corrupted by a custom object.

Perform the following steps below to delete the home environment:

Restart the Oculus software. This option is in Settings > Beta.

After restarting, be careful not to bump or move the headset (until step 4). We don't want your Home to load right away.

click here to bring you to your list of Homes.

Select a Home that isn't the default. The exact home doesn't matter, as long as it's not the default.
If you don't have any other Home, you can use someone else's public Home.

Clicking the link will load that Home. Put on the headset.

Once a Home is loaded, open the menu (left hand), select places, select the corrupted Home, and use the three dots on the top right to delete it.

You should not lose any of your objects, but you will need to re-setup your environment.

Please let me know the results of these troubleshooting steps so that I'll know how we can proceed further. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Alyssa
| Facebook Reality Labs