cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link crashed and now my gpu won't output a signal.

zach_sweet_31
Level 2
I was using my oculus quest 2 to run oculus link and play robo recall through the pc oculus app using a USB 3.0 cord to my motherboard. Steam vr had worked excellent previous to this using the same setup. There was a crash after launching and starting the game on a new save. I turned on pass through and my monitor was off even though spectator was turned on and would not wake. After restarting, my gpu would not output to my monitor. Display port  from motherboard to monitor works. My gpu isn't recognized and won't show up in task manager when displaying through motherboard. This is a brand new 3090. I've tried multiple restarts and I cannot get a display signal from my gpu. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as im slightly worried oculus link bricked my hardware. 
6 REPLIES 6

grantasg
Level 2
Is it a completely black screen or is it lit up.
if it is, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and task manager should show up.
Then press "File" at the top and click "Run new task" and write this in: devmgmt.msc and click on "Display Adapter'
and check if your graphic card is enabled or update it by right clicking and selecting "Update"

And if that doesnt work, reset your computer

zach_sweet_31
Level 2
As I stated previously there is no display signal returning from my gpu at all. I've done all that unfortunately. My display receives no signal and goes to sleep after 30 seconds. I tried using hdmi instead of dp, also not working. When I use my motherboards display port connection I receive signal and can access windows, but no gpu shows up on task manaher, device manager, gpu z, or nzxt cam. 

PITTCANNA
Level 12

I was using my oculus quest 2 to run oculus link and play robo recall through the pc oculus app using a USB 3.0 cord to my motherboard. Steam vr had worked excellent previous to this using the same setup. There was a crash after launching and starting the game on a new save. I turned on pass through and my monitor was off even though spectator was turned on and would not wake. After restarting, my gpu would not output to my monitor. Display port  from motherboard to monitor works. My gpu isn't recognized and won't show up in task manager when displaying through motherboard. This is a brand new 3090. I've tried multiple restarts and I cannot get a display signal from my gpu. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as im slightly worried oculus link bricked my hardware. 

I think your hardware bricked,  a brand new 3090 is an unproven card.  

zach_sweet_31
Level 2
Clearly that's what I'm worried about. It ran everything fine prior to launching a game through the oculus pc app. There's literally no reason a 3090 can't handle that kind of thing. Makes no sense, rpbo recall isn't demanding at all. 

PITTCANNA
Level 12

Clearly that's what I'm worried about. It ran everything fine prior to launching a game through the oculus pc app. There's literally no reason a 3090 can't handle that kind of thing. Makes no sense, rpbo recall isn't demanding at all. 

i know other 3090's have taken a dump under load.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUVdJxdqUNY

PITTCANNA
Level 12
the only thing you can try is installing different drivers.