cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus order was cancelled due to a PayPal bug, but the money was taken. Still no refund - 716 Euro!

petra.skachova
Protege

Please help me to solve this incredibly expensive issue guys.

I am writing on behalf of my friend who is desperate.

The issue goes like this - he ordered last November, during Black Friday, the following products from the Oculus store: Oculus Quest 2 256 GB, face cover and replacement, elite strap with battery, case, link cable. 

My friend resides in Italy so he bought the stuff on the Italian Oculus store.

The total of his order was 716 Euro. During the payment, a Paypal error occured and the payment likely was not successful, so the order was cancelled. However, my friend´s PayPal account was charged 548 Euro and obviously he never received any of the products, nor the refund.

He tried to contact the Oculus official support - but it´s been more than 3 months that they just keep replying in a generic way to have forwarded this issue to some "dedicated department". Tried to contact the PayPal, which denies any responsability and the case is archived for them.

As you can see, this is a very unpleasant experience and unacceptable money loss.

Do you have any advice who to contact in this case, to get back the money? Does someone here has similar experience?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi petra.skachova! Thank you for reaching out to us on the behalf of your friend. For our friends we would do the same thing and help out any way that we could.

Regarding their issue with the Pay Pal cancelation and charges, because your friend is currently in contact with one of our support agents, we highly recommend that they stay in contact with that agent. This is the best way to achieve a speedy resolution on their issue. 

We would like to thank you both for your time and patience and that you stay safe and be in good health. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm the friend in question. I have no news at all from the Oculus support. Any conversation with the support since November has been completely useless. PayPal support was a bit more useful, with telling me that Facebook refused the request to reimburse the payment. PayPal just told me that Facebook treated this as a "service" and not "physical goods", so they choose to not reimburse my 548€. This is, of course, a lie from Facebook. I have the proof of cancelation on the Oculus store, and it was NOT a service. I ordered 716€ of physical goods. I'm attaching the screenshots here as proof:

image.pngScreenshot_1 (1).pngScreenshot_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition: I've been one of your users since 2017, with a Rift S. I love the Oculus games and headset, and yet this payment problem has destroyed my trust completely. The support has not only been useless, but also a constant reminder that I'm utterly and completely alone in this matter, that Facebook can steal more than a month's rent from somebody and getting away with it. I still want to buy the Quest 2 and the accessories, but I have absolutely no intention to do so before taking back the money that was stolen from me.

d0x360
Protege

I had something similar happen to me with PayPal.  It took 3 months to get nearly $2999 back.

I was buying a tv and PayPal half loaded after clicking submit.  They took the money but the store never got it.  Hopefully it gets sorted 

ROG Crosshair x670e extreme motherboard & Ryzen 7950x3d// 64 gigs DDR5 6800mhz CL28-30-30-78 dual channel 1T// RTX 4090 // 5x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB m.2 SSD's// 6x (RAID10) 4TB WD Black SATA SSD's// Seagate Barracuda 8TB HDD // Custom loop liquid cooling //

Hi d0x360,

thank for your reply.

Would you mind sharing the way you managed to solve this and get back the money? Was it Facebook or Paypal who sorted finally the problem? How did you contact them? We tried all the ways so far. Thanks

I am happy you got the money back, that was a huge amount by the way and I can imagine how worried you were to never see that money back.

Omg I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply i had the same issue (fb & PayPal).  I had an issue with PayPal somewhere else.

As for fixing it... I had a lawyer friend reach out to them and she said told them how much it would cost to not fix the issue.  

I hope you get it fixed.  If the money came out of your bank via PayPal I'd have them get involved but I'm guessing if that was the case you would have done it already.

You could always file a small claims case against them.  When they don't show up to a mailed summons you would automatically win.  If they did show up then it's likely the judge would side with you for the amount owed, damages and time spent trying to fix it.

ROG Crosshair x670e extreme motherboard & Ryzen 7950x3d// 64 gigs DDR5 6800mhz CL28-30-30-78 dual channel 1T// RTX 4090 // 5x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB m.2 SSD's// 6x (RAID10) 4TB WD Black SATA SSD's// Seagate Barracuda 8TB HDD // Custom loop liquid cooling //

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, why has this thread rendered hidden in the Support forum list?

d0x360
Protege

When did that happen? I found it in my feed of new posts right after I made a posts asking if you have to buy Rift games again on the quest 2.  I knew you did on the original Quest but I had hoped some of these developers would grow a heart.  

Honestly that's why I love Microsoft so much, they are pushing hard for games to be on console and PC and I love it.  I get to play at super pretty levels when I want and when I don't wanna mess around with settings and updates and drivers etc I just turn on my Xbox and my saves sync if I had played on PC and I'm playing within 20 seconds of hitting the button to boot up the console.

The worst part is allot of games I bought for the Rift & Rift S, I bought them twice already.  Once here and once on steam because I wanted to show my support for VR at a time when sales were much lower.

So jokes on both of us I guess(me & devs) because I can still play it on my quest, I just have to use airlink.  Then I can always get max settings at 120fps because I have a 3080ti FTW3 Ultra.

Imo if you buy a game at full price then you should be able to access it on every platform it's available for and everything should sync.