cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 cable connection issue

NastiaSimakov
Level 2

Hello, regarding the Oculus quest 2 and cable connection to the app.
I am trying to connect the quest 2 via the official usb c to usb c cable to my pc which has a usb c port.
I press on add headset in the app and select cable, then the app gets stuck (see attached screenshot) and the headset shows searching pc's and does not show my pc.

I tried flipping the cable around, updating GPU drivers, restarting both pc and headset, logging out and in from the app.
But nothing changes.

Airlink does work but is slow and I prefer cable.
Any advice is appreciated, Thank you.test.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We can't wait for you to jump into some great PCVR gaming! We'll be honored to help with this Link issue and get you going.

We can offer a few steps to try, let us know how it goes.

Let's try and ensure our Link connection is secure:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC.
  2. Turn on your Quest 2 or Quest.
  3. Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
  4. A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny. If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
  5. When prompted to Enable Oculus Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.
  6. Ensure Air Link is disabled in Settings on the headset. 

Try to repair the Oculus PC app:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.

Keep us posted on any updates on this issue and we can offer further help if needed 👌🏻.

View solution in original post

Hello,
I've managed to isolate that the usb C port in my PC was faulty, bought a usb C to usb A adapter and that solved the problem.
Thank you very much for the quick answer and great support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We can't wait for you to jump into some great PCVR gaming! We'll be honored to help with this Link issue and get you going.

We can offer a few steps to try, let us know how it goes.

Let's try and ensure our Link connection is secure:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC.
  2. Turn on your Quest 2 or Quest.
  3. Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
  4. A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny. If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
  5. When prompted to Enable Oculus Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.
  6. Ensure Air Link is disabled in Settings on the headset. 

Try to repair the Oculus PC app:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.

Keep us posted on any updates on this issue and we can offer further help if needed 👌🏻.

Hello,
I've managed to isolate that the usb C port in my PC was faulty, bought a usb C to usb A adapter and that solved the problem.
Thank you very much for the quick answer and great support.

Oh good! We're happy to hear we could help you find what wasn't working right, and help you reach a fix to get Link working right. You know where to find us if you need any more help with anything!