cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus service stops GlovePie

RescueGamer
Explorer
Hi all, I'm working for a long time with my dk1 and glovepie/freepie together creating some things like my DIY omni treadmill for virtual reality (you can watch it on youtube, search my username). But now, since the oculus service has been integrated, when it's running I can´t start glovepie, it guives me a "invalid pointer operation" error at startup and then I can't run any script. If glovepie was running first and then i turn on oculus service it just stop working (Glovepie of course).

Any ideas of what I can do? It's possible to fix this issue in sdk upgrades?

It would be very important to me fix this issue, it's the only way I can use my omni treadmill.

Thanks to all
9 REPLIES 9

NexusP
Honored Guest
Did you find a fix for this issue? I see no one aided you here.

I've been getting the "Invalid Pointer Operation" error with Glovepie too. Did you discover a fix? I use glovepie to combine my G27 pedals via a Bodner Box to make them into a Rudder.

kevingulling
Explorer
I'm getting the same error. Was working fine last week, then installed Oculus SDK when I got the rift, and same error. "invalid pointer operation."

edit: I unplugged all of the dk2 gear and now glovepie is starting up with no error. I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

kevingulling
Explorer
Glovepie still not working. Has anyone else tried Glovepie with the DK2?

edit: just tried freepie and had no problem, so the issue is definitely with glovepie and the dk2 specifically.

kevingulling
Explorer
Now with the 0.4.3 Freepie is not working.

edit: 0.4.3 Glovepie and freepie = broken
0.4.2 Glovepie = broken, freepie =working
0.4.1 Freepie = broken, glovepie = broken

edit: 0.4.2 Freepie works - script runs successfully on wiimote (vibrates, p1 led) - no output from wiimote

kevingulling
Explorer
So, getting a bit desperate for some kind of controls here. I dug up my old playstation 3 usb controller and plugged it in thinking that this has been a bluetooth issue. No output from that controller either. It receives input though, for example testing my vibration with motionjoy works. The wiimote will vibrate when a script is ran through freepie as well. They just won't send any information to the computer unless I uninstall the OVR runtime.

I don't have an official windows gamepad to test, but my guess is that it wold be the same results.

I will probably start a new topic for this when I get around to it now that I know that it's not just Glovepie...

RescueGamer
Explorer
Hi all, sorry for no responses.

I only find one way to get glovepie to work. Boot up your pc without any parts of the rift connected, then start glovepie and run your script, and then, only when glovepie is working, plug your dk1 or dk2 and start a game. That way worked for me to play quakeVR on my dk1 with a wiimote for aiming and dk1 sensors for look.

Cheers!

FDP
Explorer
Who uses glovepie anymore? It was always a pretty terrible piece of software. It was only really used back in the early days of the Wii/ and before for that Glove thing it was made for. Even then I just ended up resorting to coding my own python alternative because glovepie was so f*ing useless.

SanguShellz
Protege

FDP said:

Who uses glovepie anymore? It was always a pretty terrible piece of software. It was only really used back in the early days of the Wii/ and before for that Glove thing it was made for. Even then I just ended up resorting to coding my own python alternative because glovepie was so f*ing useless.

I still use 0.43 because it combine all of my controllers and sends commands to ppjoy and then to x360ce.  It still works, so i use it.  I could use freepie, but for what i use it for, it's not a requirement.  I actually do use the wiimote as a lightgun for current games even in VR (mainly for VorpX).

The reason i want 0.45 to work is because it supports the Kinect and i don't know of anything else that allows you to use kinect gestures with ppjoy (which also works well with win10).  I would use Faast but even the keyboard inputs aren't detect in games.  Unfortunately, with 1.3, i can't start Glovepie and then turn on the Rift anymore.  The runtime is blocking things completely. 

FDP
Explorer
Maybe try TouchDesigner (supports Kinect)?