cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus starting when I dont want it to

Cpt_Custard
Level 5
I have been playing Elite Dangerous on my rift and decided to go back to monitor. The only trouble is Oculus keeps opening every time I start Elite Dangerous.

I have tried removing the game from Oculus but it is still happening, any help would be appreciated.

Dev
6 REPLIES 6

FrontierSupport
Level 5
Hey Dev,

If you're launching the game outside of Oculus Home, are you using the Frontier or Steam version of the launcher?

- CMDR Tronador

Cpt_Custard
Level 5
Frontier launcher, when I hit the play button on the launcher Oculus home starts too even though I have set the game back to monitor. When I close the Oculus software with Elite Dangerous running it closes Elite and Oculus.

So as it stands to play ED I have to have Oculus running too.

I have found the Oculus software a pain, it seems to want to start up wont stay closed

Sh4rky_UK
Level 3
A quick fix is to stop the Oculus runtime service.

Cpt_Custard
Level 5
Yea I tried 'end task' on all the oculus stuff that was running in the task manager and that broke it and I had to reinstall :neutral:

Sh4rky_UK
Level 3
You don't need to end any task, just stopping the service is enough.  W10 has Services in the tabs otherwise just type services.msc in the run box.  Stopping the Oculus VR Runtime Service kills the under lying service.  Just start it again before attempting to open Oculus Home otherwise you'll get an error when trying to start the app.

MAC_MAN86
Level 9
I think this works better now in the Beta Test.