cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus support has failed on every level

73Stace
Level 4

This is a rant about one of the worst customer support experiences I have ever had.   Around mid October I received my brand new Quest 2.  From the very beginning the unit would not change and the usb port did not work properly.  Oculus support was great at the start and tried to solve the problem but it became apparent that the unit was faulty and they had to send me a new one.  

To do this it meant I needed to send back the broken unit.  This is when things started to go bad.  After contacting them several times just to send me a pre paid postage label it ended up taking them 3 weeks to do this.  I sent it back to them which took 3 days to get to them and now they have my broken Quest 2.  Every time I contact support they use the same scripted apologies and say to wait 3 to 5 business days but this has gone on for 2 weeks now and I am getting no where with them.

I got this as a Birthday present for my daughter which was 6 weeks ago.  It is now going on 7 weeks and I still haven heard anything back about what is happening.  

After reading on many other forums I figured out my biggest mistake was to buy directly from Oculus when I should of got it through Amazon where I could of at least returned it and had an outcome by now.

I am so disappointed with this company and how I have been treated. 

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We want all of our customers to receive exemplary service through out the entire interaction! We are determined to get to the bottom of this and get your daughter her awesome present of VR. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have alerted the appropriate people to make sure your situation is resolved ASAP. Please keep an eye on your email for a message from us! 

Thank you for response but unfortunately I have zero faith in anything said by Oculus. During this entire process of emails and messages that I am not alone in this situation.  A simple search query would of stopped my from buying directly from Oculus where as I would of been more protected with Amazon.  I am doing everything in my power to make people aware of Oculus and how they have treated me the past 6 weeks. 

As I always say every time   I talk to support that this is unfair and I am simply at the end of my tether.