cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus support sucks

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never wanted to make this message but Oculus support is truly atrocious. It has been about a full month going back and forth with Oculus support trying to fix my headset (Oculus Rift S) which I have been dying to use. They haven't responded to my emails for about 2 weeks now, I have been completely ghosted by them. The worst part is I can only rely on emails as they don't have a number to call so every email seems like it is just a copy paste of solutions that never seem to work. Even if I wanted to try and get my headset replaced I feel as if they will never even get back to me. The worst part is I worked all summer to get my headset which was $400 and it just doesn't work at all. In the beginning I would recommend Oculus to anyone looking into VR, but with a support team this bad It's almost worth just saving the extra money and buying a headset from another company that would probably help you fix your headset when you need it. I understand they are a big company with a lot on their hands but come on, I have had problems with big companies when using my pc, mouse, keyboard etc. and they all seem to find the time to help me out....
7 REPLIES 7

SuperUnknownDud
Protege
So basically, you're using the support forums to rant instead of trying to see if anyone here might be able to help. Thanks for wasting 60 seconds of my life I can't get back.

Anonymous
Not applicable
stfu I have been trying for a full month to see if anyone on here can help and I HAVE GOT NOTHING. Also people who have experienced the same problem as me have also found NO SOLUTION  OR HELP FROM OCULUS SUPPORT. Not my fault you decided to read my whole rant, I pray to god you can get those 60 seconds back must be so sad :((((((

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello @griffmass I checked your tickets, and both were responded to. However neither of them received any reply and due to such were closed after a week. If you aren't receiving the replies to your email, including the junk or spam folders, then try another email or try here. You will need to create a new ticket, or try going through chat. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

RealGrim
Explorer
l m a o

ma33709
Explorer
I too have experienced horrible support from Oculus I placed my order while being logged into Oculus and apparently it didn't show up underneath of my account I emailed support and they told me to log in as guests to see my order. !! And then they closed the ticket. ..The ticket was for them to place my order underneath of my email account my Facebook email account this links my headset to my Facebook account therefore everything will work simultaneously I bought my headset directly from Oculus so I would get premiere support boy was I mistaken. 
Their response to my ticket was they educated me to log in as guest they don't even understand how ridiculous that response actually is and how insulting it is

woolverine
Explorer
I'm having the same issues with Oculus Support. It's the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We too thought buying direct from Oculus would be the best experience like we have done with so many other consumer electronic manufacturers. Boy were we wrong. It's been horrible. We bought 4 256GB headsets from them for Christmas, as well as games, elite straps with batteries and other accessories. Huge investment. They had less than 30 days of use and now one of the headsets boots up to a black screen, even after 3 factory resets, and I am in the endless cycle of emails and trying to get support to do an exchange. Absolutely held captive by the fact that they will only provide support via email and at their pace. I haven't received a response to my last 3 emails. I have called the attorney General in out state and will be filing an official consumer protection complaint with them and with the better business bureau. All we want now is a refund. I no longer wish to even exchange it. I can't believe in today's society and with today's technology any company can believe this sort of customer experience is acceptable. Facebook is a $39.9B company ranked 14th in the entire world. They can afford to provide quality customer care and live support. Even if it were just over live chat and not the phone. It's incomprehensible. 

OnePuuunch
Honored Guest
I have had a few issues that are pretty annoying myself. I recommend returning the oculus, and buying another one. If it's outside the return window, buy another one, place the broken one in the box, and return the broken one. Mine is only a couple weeks old and I'm having all sorts of issues. Luckily I bought it at walmart and they are good about returns.