cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus wants me to choose a default download location on every startup

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time i start oculus, the program asks me to set a download location, even though I already have one.

1.png

Here I can still press continue and use oculus like normal, however it is annoying to do that on every start up, especially since I cant press continue from within the headset, when I am already wearing it.

So i thought maybe it can make it stop by selection another location. However, selecting ANY of my harddrives, including the very harddrive which oculus was okay at first, causes this permission error. I dont have permission on any harddrive? Please note that I am the only owner of this pc and have administrator rights and have no problem accessing these drives.

2.png

Any idea on how to fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

Try right-clicking the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator". If that works, right-click again, select properties and tick the "Run as administrator" box on the compatbility tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, the box for running it as administrator is already ticked, unfortunately, this didn't solve the issue. 

Genericat
Expert Protege

I have this as well, just started lately. Maddening!

Hey there! We would like to help take some steps and get this issue resolved once and for all! We suggest creating a new folder from the root and then adding the location to it. If this does not resolve the issue, please reach out to Oculus Support here https://metaque.st/Support

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Wow - exceptional customer service - thank you, your suggestion solved it 🙂

zenos2004
Honored Guest

I am not very good with computers and having the same issue can anyone explain it to me?

Hello. How you create a new file from the root? Because I don't have experience with files alot.

RoofLizard
Honored Guest

Those who still have issiues, go to location in your computer C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software and rigth click to mouse inside the location window and click New->Folder, give any name you want to the new folder you created, I called it NewSoftware. Then when Oculus application run again and ask you to folder location instead of C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software use C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\NewSoftware as a location folder.

This did not work for me