cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus won't connect with my account and won't let me play games

Mr.Impression
Honored Guest

I have the Oculus Mobile Companion App on my phone, the Oculus PC Companion App (if that's what it's called) and an Oculus Quest 2. I've tried all the troubleshooting techniques and unconventional fixes there are and yet through all my trial and tribulations neither of the companion apps or my oculus will load my Facebook account and let me play my games. It won't allow me to enter the store giving the error message of "Authmodule returned invalid device scoped access token", I'm not good with tech so I don't know what this means and I've scoured the forums and the help pages looking for a solution with no avail. I've tried every single option besides a full factory resets because I've been told it will ruin my Oculus Quest 2 further. If there are hidden fixes that I've missed please tell me I've tried logging out of the Companion Apps and logging back in and trying to pair to my headset (that failed to change anything), I've tried to connecting my headset to a different Wi-Fi through the mobile app, I've tried to open apps through the companion app. Nothing has worked so far and I'm starting to lose hope. I've put hundreds of dollars towards games and such for my headset and I'd hate to see all that disappear without some sort of reason.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Mr.Impression
Honored Guest

The only way I've found to fix this problem is to make sure that you Oculus Quest headset is backed up to the cloud and then factory reset your headset. once you log back in the most recent back up will load and you'll have to reinstall all games and apps but all of your purchases will remain as owned. I'm sorry Meta hasn't fixed this yet.

View solution in original post

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello everyone! I'm going to lock this thread as it's getting a bit old at this point. If you're still experiencing this issue. please read through @MetaQuestSupport's replies and accepted solutions in this thread to find some useful troubleshooting steps. If you've tried the troubleshooting steps provided and the issue persists, please consider reaching out to @MetaQuestSupport through a PM to look into other troubleshooting steps and possible options available. To send a PM to @MetaQuestSupport, please click on their name to visit their profile, then click the blue button that says "Send a Message". Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

therealmccoy345
Honored Guest

I’m having the same issue. My sons played it yesterday it worked fine turned it on this morning and noting will load. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Mr. Impression!

We've read through your post, and we are very sad to know that you've been out of the VR world for some time now.

You've mentioned that you get an error message stating "Authmodule returned invalid device scoped access token" It seems that this could possibly be some sort of connection error, either due to the Headset not being able to connect to the Wi-Fi or internet or because it can't "find" the phone app or vice versa.

Please let us offer you some steps in attempt to resolve this matter:

• Clear Bluetooth cache on the phone
  • Open the phone app while making sure that Bluetooth/GPS/Wi-Fi is on
  • Turn on the headset while checking on the devices tab on the app that the headset is detected and connected
  • If the device is detected and appears as connected, check on the headset to see if there was a change on the device
  • Make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as well as the same Wi-Fi band (please disable 5GHz temporarily if not sure that is the case)

After going over these steps and you are still having trouble, please PM us and together we will find a resolution. When sending a PM, please remember to select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Same. All games won't launch. New games won't be displayed. Login/Logoff on phone app, reinstall phone app, force shutdown headset, delete bluetooth cache, all won't work.

I’m going through the same thing. It’s odd. 

This was the official oculus support response?  We bought these games and now you tell me it requires Bluetooth and internet connections because you can't write code to let us play offline?  I paid real money for this ya know not fake dollars and when I want to play i want to play...  As you can tell I'm having this issue and your guys are making me realize i should probably jump ship and leave my investment behind as you are building a platform on a house of cards, better yet a rube Goldberg machine with many many many many, many ways for one failure to make it all not work.  

You guys are an odd combo of creepy and worthless...  

Mr.Impression
Honored Guest

The only way I've found to fix this problem is to make sure that you Oculus Quest headset is backed up to the cloud and then factory reset your headset. once you log back in the most recent back up will load and you'll have to reinstall all games and apps but all of your purchases will remain as owned. I'm sorry Meta hasn't fixed this yet.

This is **bleep** "Meta"

monke.51417
Honored Guest

The same thing has been happening to me ever since they made me log into meta with that code (the XXXX - XXXX code in the menu) every time I try to play a game it exits me out instantly

Hey, monke!

Oh goodness, we most certainly can't have getting thrown out of games. We need you getting thrown into games! Let's what we can do to get this situated properly! Kindly try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Perform a hard reboot from the factory reset menu (hold both the power and minus volume button down for minimum 30 seconds)
  • uninstall and reinstallation of the game(s) that is effected.
  • Clear cache/folder of games and then retry to  launch games/apps

Once those are completed you can get back in touch with us via a PM and we'll continue right where we left off!

To send us a PM, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We'll see you on the other side!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!