cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus won't turn on.

pdhanneman
Protege
So this is weird.  I'm not sure if this is related to the update but it would have happened around this time.  My Rift HMD suddenly won't turn on or be recognized by the computer.  The orange light is on but won't respond.  I've repaired/reinstalled and switched USBs.  Any other advice?  Is anyone else having this problem? 
i7-8700K 3.7GHz Processor | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX WHITE RGB Liquid Cooler | ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA Motherboard | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB  DDR4-3200 Memory | FireCuda 2TB 7200RPM Hybrid HD | Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HD | Barracuda 4TB 7200RPM HD | WD Black PCIe 256GB M.2-2280 SSD | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Video Card | Thermaltake - The Tower 900 Snow Edition Full Tower Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W Power Supply | Two Divorces | One Bad Ass Credit Card Bill
4 REPLIES 4

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Have you rebooted after the update?

orkt_ozdemirci
Honored Guest
Same. But i have no orange light or white light. No lights basically and it isn't working since last night.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
There's been a few people who have experienced this and even when trying the Rift S on another computer it no-longer works. I would create an Oculus Supports ticket if I was you.

Wolfox
Protege
I had this "Glitch" when I get the headset and it's dead. You think you are charged, but for some strange reason (TOPICS IN FORUM) you find your Headset DEAD, but you don't know and try to boot it and this stucks the system. Normally if the headset is dead and you charge it, by giving a short press to the power button, you see the Percentage of battery. Just leave it a hour to charge then Hold the power button until you see the Oculus logo.
This what happened to me.