Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculust Setup Installlation Issues

remnant_ofchris
Honored Guest
Hi

Installing my brand new oculus today.

I get a error half way through the installation steps.
    "Your oculus software needs to be updated"

I have to reinstall the app all over again-the full 1.5 GB

Any ideas?
14 REPLIES 14

apojlc
Honored Guest
i have the same problem,i dont pass from the remote controller step, the app close it

Chikicheater
Honored Guest
have the same problem oculus dont open after the step, i install it new but now i cant open oculus more its closed instant
windows 10 maybe the problem?

DonutRush
Explorer
Same problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I have one of you set your DNS for me?

try changing it to: 8.8.8.8 and/or if the first one fails: 208.67.220.220 - if it still fails, can I have you use the following DNS address: 64.214.116.87 - I had to use that one here recently because a game was being block by ISP company.

DonutRush
Explorer
Mine are already set to those. Does not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
can you post your logs then please? Also, when you say they are already set - did to try changing them out one over the other and or remove them?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Here are the steps to get the log files. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
@cybereality I sent a PM if you could get back with me, please.

Also for everyone else, can you PM me so I can maybe help a bit faster?

apojlc
Honored Guest
SOLUTION!!!!
The problema is the update of the oculus software.
Reinslall, after the step of sign in/create your acount, disable internet conection (because the problem is an update).
Once the oculus setup has finished, tu can enable your nternet conection,then you can update coulus software when it say, not a problem at this time.
:smiley:
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?