cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older Virtual Environments Don't Download

Lochleg
Level 3

I can only download half of the Virtual Environments. Someone told me these are the ones that first came with the Quest 1. I have the Quest 2. I can't download Classic Home, Cyber City, Space Station, or Winter Lodge. I think there may be a problem with my account / subscription status. I've had this problem since purchasing the device a few days ago, and it's the same after doing a factory reset.

I tried clicking them with the trigger as well as the A button. The menu just resets to the first menu option "Quick Actions". Sometimes, you can quickly see that some kind of crash dialogue / stopped working flashes on the screen. When you go back to the Virtual Environments screen, it still has the "Download" label, and it never showed that it is downloading with progress info. 

I was able to go to developer mode and read the logcat output. I don't want to speculate too much about what the logs are saying, but it seems like there could be a problem with entitlements. It seems com.oculus.systemutilities:settings crashes with NullPointerException: "Attempt to read from field 'com.oculus.library.model.AppStatus com.oculus.library.model.App.status' on a null object reference". Before that error, it had this message: "Attempting to edit app that is not entitled". This is for when I tried to get Winter Lodge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lochleg
Level 3

They fixed it suddenly. I tested all of them. Everything that I mentioned as an issue now works perfectly. Thanks, Facebook team.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

banjouille
Level 2

Same for me, i can't DL Virtual Environments Space Station on my Quest 2.

Lochleg
Level 3

Here is an update. I think the Facebook developers realized the settings menu was causing crashes. However, the way they "fixed" it was to remove (or not try to display) the virtual environments that would cause errors due to their status or whatever. Of course, this wipes out half of the virtual environments when the ones I listed in the OP are supposed to be available on the Quest 2 (according to others that showcased them on YouTube). You can actually still see them on the store page. They are still not fully subscribed / installable and not in a valid state as far as store data goes.

I hope the Facebook team soon realizes that shouldn't just have fixed the UI code that would crash when trying to work with bad data. They should also investigate why some users have the bad store data in the first place since it governs access to these virtual environments.

Lochleg
Level 3

They fixed it suddenly. I tested all of them. Everything that I mentioned as an issue now works perfectly. Thanks, Facebook team.

View solution in original post