cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a Quest from Best Buy...someone stole it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Title exactly describes the situation.
I ordered a Quest 128 for a good friend of mine, and they received a headset snapped in half in its place (not even mentioning Best Buy selling it to me as "New"). I am bringing it to your attention as an owner of a Rift S, I am aware that the serial for the headset is listed in my account, here is the serial associated with the stolen headset, please help me punish the thief: 
1PAVR2VLFT0237.

I was just trying to buy a nice gift for my friend who just graduated from College, now I am out 500+ without no clue if BB will even play nice while my money is in the wind, and my friend has had their surprise ruined.
6 REPLIES 6

FelicityC
Adventurer
What?

Stole it? How is that stealing tho?
I don't understand how they're being punished? ????

How is this anyone but Best Buy's problem? Maybe Oculus' if they're going to replace it? What do you mean snapped in half??????

WHY would the serial be listed in your account if you never got it??

The headset's serial numbers have PASH in them also, PAVR is the serial number for the BOX only, and not the headset. If Best Buy gives you trouble over the serial numbers, make sure to point out this fact, and there are support threads for it.
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

When you say stolen, I assume you mean the headset number is different form the number on the box.

As @FelicityC says, the serial number on the box is for the package which includes the headset and controllers, all of which have their own serial numbers which are different from the package number, the serial on your order should be the package number.

So yeah, this is with Best Buy as the retailer.

We had a thread a while back where a buyer wanted to get a refund from Best Buy but the staff member there refused on the basis that the serial number on the headset didn't match the box, so it's something to bear in mind when going back to them, if they use that excuse, explain that they shouldn't match!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I mean: the item arrived resealed without the headset even in the box to begin with, straight from BB proper, but good to know that the Serial on box is not the same as the headset. I wasn't sure if there was some way to track the headset based on the serial on the box.

FelicityC
Adventurer
ok that was all you had to write that makes more sense

if there was it's not anyone on the forum that can track it that's for sure, hit up real support

also make sure ur friend isn't being sneaky..
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

I'm still a little confused... where does the broken headset fit in?
I mean the box didn't have the headset inside or it had a broken headset inside?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm with you DaftnDirect, I don't understand this post?