cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Oculus Store issues, unable to download most past titles:

shogunmn
Level 7

For the past month I continue to have issues with downloading past titles. I have many great games I would like to play that state "Sorry we can't install ____ Please visit Oculus Support. I have done fresh installs, installed on a separate computer. Reset my network.  Nothing more I can do on my end. I also completed past support tickets submitting logs with no resolution. 

Anyone else going through this? I hope Meta updates the storefront and fixes these issues. Several hundred paid purchases since 2016 and most do not download. The storefront also has an issue where you are unable to download past titles (at least for me). It says get in text but no button to obtain, and no button on the actual page to purchase or download. Thank you. I am wondering if others are experiencing the same. I hate to make additional purchases and have them abandoned in the future with no ability to download. I will have to look towards other platforms if this isn't resolved. 

486 REPLIES 486

I bought Arizona Sunshine on SteamVR this weekend.

Could'nt possibly buy it on Oculus Store, and I got it for the third of the price. Helped me forget about this mess. It is a short but very entertaining game. Maybe 10 hours and you can add 1 hour for each dlc.

It ran great on my aging gpu (gtx 970) at medium setting and native resolution with Virtual Desktop.

Now I hope I'll be able to play Lone Echo for Christmas 🙂

Hi, still not working, how is it possible ?

I can't believe it's still not working and users can't play their bought games since a week.

On my side, bought Lone Echo, still waiting for downloading it properly...

Jinndar
Level 3

There will definitely be some disappointed kids and some pissed off parents this Christmas. Unwrapping that new headset, buying games, the getting the “Sorry, can’t install…” error. 

It looks like some games such as Lucky's Tale I was able to download on a laptop. I think there's multiple things going on here. Every fresh install seems to remember my file library location so I do think that is a factor. I don't understand how as everything is cleared from my C drive. I also don't understand why the phone app had every install as a fresh PC/Rift and you can't remove. is a limit in place to how many platforms you use? Since I've deleted many times obviously I wouldn't have access. I fried the motherboard though on my laptop as those stupid Alienware laptops a few years ago only came with two USB ports (promoted as VR ready) and I grabbed the wrong DC adapter to create a powered USB hub for the old sensors. All around frustrating. I'll probably be buying Arizona Sunshine again with Steam as it includes the DLC. 

FuelX666
Level 5

I have high hopes for an official post this morning!

Agreed, the Metaverse isn't happening anytime soon, especially by Oculus/Meta. Going forward I'll only support companies that stand by their products and software long term. 6 year lesson learned here. I think we have years to go. Once apple gets into the game things could change. It may not happen at all or the way people think. 

As others have indicated, Arizona Sunshine is definitely a Steam purchase.  It's not cross-buy, so unless your intent is to purchase it twice, or exclusively play the Quest native version, there is no reason to buy this one from Oculus for PCVR.  I have the Steam version myself as it was much less expensive, and it seems that's still the case.

Fair enough. I thought it was another exclusive. Steam is ..  yeah cheap, I assume same so nice..

I hope Lone Echo gets fixed. It's painful waiting and I've not seen any update yet has anyone?

Absolutely, I figured I got to the game for free with the CV1 Touch preorder so I don't mind supporting the developer for $13 with tax with the DLC included. After the Fall is off the charts awesome as well on Steam, I've been impressed. It's really been a fun title.

I haven't tried after the fall yet. I normally just play single player as I don't know many people to join with and I feel a bit nervous about being utterly rubbish lol