cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Oculus Store issues, unable to download most past titles:

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

For the past month I continue to have issues with downloading past titles. I have many great games I would like to play that state "Sorry we can't install ____ Please visit Oculus Support. I have done fresh installs, installed on a separate computer. Reset my network.  Nothing more I can do on my end. I also completed past support tickets submitting logs with no resolution. 

Anyone else going through this? I hope Meta updates the storefront and fixes these issues. Several hundred paid purchases since 2016 and most do not download. The storefront also has an issue where you are unable to download past titles (at least for me). It says get in text but no button to obtain, and no button on the actual page to purchase or download. Thank you. I am wondering if others are experiencing the same. I hate to make additional purchases and have them abandoned in the future with no ability to download. I will have to look towards other platforms if this isn't resolved. 

503 REPLIES 503

Downloaded Lone Echo 🙂 Cheer everyone, merry Christmas and happy new year!

Thanks for the hard work Ryan and please pass the appreciation to your IT team!

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks! You know how it goes when your computer isn't working, so you call IT and suddenly it starts working again before they actually do anything... I'm happy to take the credit of coincidence though 🙂

There are still plenty of games they're working on getting back up and running, but I'll be in touch as soon as I get an "All clear!"

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

That really bites for developers. They are hurt by this also 😞 

TeTitanAtoll
Protege

Whoop!

Thanks @Ryanality.  Your periodic updates throughout this were our only official feedback that progress was being made, which helped with the frustration.

I think everyone, including Oculus themselves agree that 10+ days was far too long for an issue like this to go on unresolved, so hopefully the folks who are addressing this not only fixed the problem, but also put something in place to mitigate it from occurring again in the future.  Absent that I know I will likely think twice before any future purchase from the Oculus store.

In any case, off to download and play Lone Echo now!!

I am still angry that tech support were not made aware of this issue. All those wasted hours following their instructions. It is not their fault as obviously they were not made aware of the server problems. I won't be forgetting this anytime soon however. 

Agree, the support team needs to learn from this and improve. It was pretty clearly really early on that this was a download issue with the servers, yet over the course of a week it was suggested to me by the support team that I:

• disable my antivirus
  • disable my firewall
  • download "AIO Runtimes" from some random german website
  • enable "gaming mode" in windows
  • disable Nvidia overlay
  • re-install the oculus app
  • twice, to request a refund as Lone Echo isn't supported on the Quest 2
  • contact the developer
  • factory reset my headset

If I wasn't as technically inclined as I am, I probably would have taken them up on the refund, and gone with the reddit suggestion to download the game elsewhere.

Yes they need to learn from this so when an issue is at their end they don't start dismantling our computers or asking us to reinstall the store which then means we have to reinstall all the games.

Understandably so.

After this was officially identified, it took longer than it should have to get the information out to the whole team. I'm working with some folks on new processes and identifying what went wrong on that side of things to make improvements for the future. While an individual agent might not know about a specific outage for a short time, it shouldn't take long for everyone to get the news.

I think this particular issue had a problem because it was trailing a similar issue that had been resolved, and concurrent with another, similar issue (the payment not completing one) that was resolved quickly. 

We'll definitely be doing some process analysis on our end. 

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Taomyn
Protege

Glad to hear that finally something has been fixed, I just hope that Elite Dangerous is also restored soon because trying to play it in VR using their standard launcher installation is pretty unstable with many crashes compared to what I was experiencing before, especially if I switch to desktop to access other apps.

---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

Discord84
Explorer

Well finally Lone Echo has downloaded and installed. At last!!

I won't be saying well done oculus/meta/Facebook team as it was a sad joke of an affair.

If it was a school report it would be:

MUST TRY HARDER!!