cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Oculus Store issues, unable to download most past titles:

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

For the past month I continue to have issues with downloading past titles. I have many great games I would like to play that state "Sorry we can't install ____ Please visit Oculus Support. I have done fresh installs, installed on a separate computer. Reset my network.  Nothing more I can do on my end. I also completed past support tickets submitting logs with no resolution. 

Anyone else going through this? I hope Meta updates the storefront and fixes these issues. Several hundred paid purchases since 2016 and most do not download. The storefront also has an issue where you are unable to download past titles (at least for me). It says get in text but no button to obtain, and no button on the actual page to purchase or download. Thank you. I am wondering if others are experiencing the same. I hate to make additional purchases and have them abandoned in the future with no ability to download. I will have to look towards other platforms if this isn't resolved. 

503 REPLIES 503

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in guys! I have a few days off for the holidays, but I am still checking in with the engineering team as well. They've confirmed that many of the apps that previously have been experiencing these download issues with have been fixed, but the issue does still remain for others. And they're continuing to work on the issue. I'll let you know when I have a more meaningful update, and I've also made a special reach out for @shogunmn regarding the account issues. They're also working on the profiles that are having trouble. 

I sincerely hope that you're all able to enjoy the holidays, long weekend, or just a nice period of time if that's more your speed. 

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Thanks Ryan! I appreciate this. I hope you can enjoy the holidays and some time off! 

Hi Ryan

Thank you again for your coordination on this. Honestly I would have lost my mind at the support desk if I was relying on them. Oculus really need to sort the communication out in teams as whilst the support staff are lovely people it is like talking to bots who have no idea what is going on in their own company. Have a good holiday anyway!

I also hope @shogunmn can get their library back, I have specifically taken extra time off and bought a dedicated router etc this holiday to enjoy the pcvr titles and I know how sad I would feel if it was not sorted out.

Take care all.

Thank you for your work and the effort of the team.

I tried Asgard Wrath and the download went well.

What a great game!

I hope that a solution will be found for those whose problem persists. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a quick fix and that the support teams have a well-deserved rest.

Happy Holidays

Lokifromwish
Protege

Hope everyone had or is having a good Christmas.

Although Rock Band Vr still isn't downloading, Christmas day has been amazing and I wish all the best for everyone including the Oculus team. 😀

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

Hi everyone, I just wanted to report a little good news. It appears new purchases will download. I bought Medal of Honor to test things. It wouldn't download on Quest 2 yesterday but did today. Hopefully new Questers were able to play some of their new games. The PC version also had the button to download this time.  It took 4.5 hours but it's a great game. I'm shocked how well my old GTX 1080 does at medium settings. I wasn't going to buy anything until this was resolved but I couldn't resist on sale being an MOF fan from years ago 

I still have no PC library populating otherwise 😞 but hopefully it's a start. 

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

It looks like I can't delete post above. False alarm, once closing the Oculus PC App the game disappeared from the library and now when I open from the download location it says: "entitlement check failed", purchased yesterday, so close. Ugh 

It's just crazy what's happening to you.

entitlement check failed : It is as if the application fails to save the drm on the pc. And when the application is relaunched, because of that it puts an error message.
Isn't there an antivirus that could block the writing?

Great point, thanks. That was my thought at first but I have any anti virus software turned off and replicated the same outcome on a laptop with windows defender turned off and no prior Oculus installs. I have no problem downloading the Oculus app itself as I've done so probably 20 times. Also this indicated new purchases work but still fail the DRM check when launched and disappear from the library when the app closes. I have at least 1T of Oculus apps on 4 different drives. I also have disconnected those to make sure it's not interfering when reinstalling. Past posts I see this has happened before but is fixed within a day. 

I think I might make a video so visually others can see and maybe help the engineers. It really doesn't make sense. As Ryan stated it has to be related to problem #1 with the store. Somehow some profiles got messed up to with the server outages. I'm an old rifter so I probably have one of the first accounts since early Gear VR/Rift. The odd thing is the Quest 2 is now working great and I have no issues there. I might give the Go a try also to see if those apps are there. Frustrating, I was hoping to finish Asgard's Wrath, Stormland and Lone Echo with some extra time off.

Hi.

Most of my titles now seem to install. (Admittedly I have not uninstalled my installed ones to test those). My last outstanding one is World of Diving.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂