cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Oculus Store issues, unable to download most past titles:

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

For the past month I continue to have issues with downloading past titles. I have many great games I would like to play that state "Sorry we can't install ____ Please visit Oculus Support. I have done fresh installs, installed on a separate computer. Reset my network.  Nothing more I can do on my end. I also completed past support tickets submitting logs with no resolution. 

Anyone else going through this? I hope Meta updates the storefront and fixes these issues. Several hundred paid purchases since 2016 and most do not download. The storefront also has an issue where you are unable to download past titles (at least for me). It says get in text but no button to obtain, and no button on the actual page to purchase or download. Thank you. I am wondering if others are experiencing the same. I hate to make additional purchases and have them abandoned in the future with no ability to download. I will have to look towards other platforms if this isn't resolved. 

503 REPLIES 503

xeno3d
Adventurer

Still unable to install some titles.  Was really hoping this was going to be fixed by now

Store is crap made a ticket with my problem was never fixed and then they just closed it. I just buy everything from steam now that I can. 

Glad you found a solution for yourself, so you can at least use your content somehow.
I totally agree with you that it's a problem on their part, even if they tell me, it's a problem with my PC, my network or whatever.
Oculus doesn't seem able or just doesn't want to help.
As for me... I bought the game on Steam now.
I paid around 170€ for this game with all dlcs on oculus... and I'm really disappointed and angry with oculus because they force me to buy all again on another platform.😡

shogunmn
Heroic Explorer

It's unfortunate you have to go that route. Fortunately, I have a ton of paid content for oculus PC  but hardly anything since 2019 for PC. I'll finish the content on the broken app and  then update to use SteamVR or just use a windows headset. Even back then there were enough issues that I bought on Steam only. Since Oculus/Meta can't be trusted with their platforms from what I have observed, Steam and for myself PSV2 will be where I purchase content to be safe. I am also done with Quest purchases as who knows when the rug will be pulled there to in the future. 

Knightshz
Explorer

Yes I'm going through this lost access to all my paid for games because of this stupid idiotic merge trust me I will not buy any more games from oculus or meta how stupid mark just gets dumber and dumber ideas stink!!

You guys locked my account I lost all my paid games go screw yourself oculus

There should be a time limit for locked accounts, but I don't see that it has anything to do with this problem.

I will probably continue to buy mainly on Steam in the future.
What really bothers me is this behavior of "If you don't follow all the troubleshooting steps (I refused to uninstall the app after seeing what happened to you and other players) there is no doubt that the fault is on my part and there is nothing else we can do for you." and then mark the ticket as solved.
The funniest thing is....after that I installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the Oculus app on a second PC just to check if I will loose the entire library (I didn't)
So I uninstalled and reinstalled it on the gaming PC and tried downloading the game - it didn't work.
I created new log files, reopened the support ticket and sent them the files so they could look and maybe find the error.
I received an automated email that a support ticket had been created and a member of the support team would contact me and then...nothing. Apparently they don't want to talk to me anymore.🤔

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Just to be fair....they didn't ignore me. The support mailed me yesterday and it comes to an good end.

I could download my game now.😀

The support member said I could try to change the standard library locations in the settings of the oculus app.

Usually i had beat saber on "C" , now I tried to download the game on "D".

It worked for me.

Maybe this could help some other with the same issue(download is failing after few seconds) too.

I wish changing the library location was it it took...my Oculus library was always on a different drive and it's happened on more than one machine on more than one OS (Win 10 and 11).  But good to know your issues were taken care of!