cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC and Q2 connected but link wont enable

PiranhaMoose
Level 3

Problem enabling Oculus link. I have a Q2 v29 @ 120hz and has been working fine since i bought it 2 weeks ago. Then suddenly, when trying to enable oculus link via cable or airlink, i get a "hardware notification" "Oculus not working correctly" and goes back to home screen. Everything is green, meaning Q2 is connected to pc. Im getting 3.2Gbps throughput via link cable test.

Things i have done:

- contacted support. Sent them zip file log (per support tech, logs says everything working correctly)

- complete uninstall of oculus pc app as per instructions from support tech (disconnect internet, boot in safe mode, etc)

- double checked/disabled USB power saving mode one by one on Device Manager

- factory reset of headset

- rollback Nvidia drivers

None of the above worked.  Still,  the problem persists. 

PC specs: Ryzen 5900x, GTX 1080, MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk mobo, 32gb RAM @ 3200

My Oculus link cable getting consistent 3.0Gbps throughput. $40 from amazon. Link below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086HBGNFQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is there anything else i can do?

From browsing a lot of forums, It's seems that a lot of people are having this same issue. But there is no solution from Oculus support that i can find. They always defer to the same generic answer, "we'll get back to you in 3-5 days." smh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PiranhaMoose
Level 3

So i tried to find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that has do with Oculus on my pc and deleted it.  There was a lot of leftover crap all over the place (not just in the oculus folders) from the initial Oculus app install, even with using an uninstaller app.  I installed Oculus app again, and same problem remains. 

Tried the Q2 on my Plex server pc (10 yr old i7 2600k, gtx 1060, 16gb ram) and voila! I was able to connect to oculus link. 

Did a fresh install of a image back-up (prior to oculus app install) on the Ryzen 9 pc, and im able to connect to Oculus link again.  Moral of the story, create a system image prior to installing the Oculus app.  That will save you a lot of time, instead of doing a fresh install of your OS and installing all your programs/apps.  Because you never know what Oculus will install that will throw a monkey wrench in your gears.  I didnt install anything new before the problem happened, except for the v29 firmware. 

PS:  I still dont have the new UI from the v29 upgrade, only the controllers green lights.  SMH

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

PiranhaMoose
Level 3

So i tried to find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that has do with Oculus on my pc and deleted it.  There was a lot of leftover crap all over the place (not just in the oculus folders) from the initial Oculus app install, even with using an uninstaller app.  I installed Oculus app again, and same problem remains. 

Tried the Q2 on my Plex server pc (10 yr old i7 2600k, gtx 1060, 16gb ram) and voila! I was able to connect to oculus link. 

Did a fresh install of a image back-up (prior to oculus app install) on the Ryzen 9 pc, and im able to connect to Oculus link again.  Moral of the story, create a system image prior to installing the Oculus app.  That will save you a lot of time, instead of doing a fresh install of your OS and installing all your programs/apps.  Because you never know what Oculus will install that will throw a monkey wrench in your gears.  I didnt install anything new before the problem happened, except for the v29 firmware. 

PS:  I still dont have the new UI from the v29 upgrade, only the controllers green lights.  SMH

View solution in original post