I'll play for days or weeks no problem then suddenly the audio doesn't work. Then the Q2 and PC wont even register each other. Cant connect to Link. I reset both. Sometimes I can connect to Link but most times its totally failed and I have to reinstall the software. Why does it just stop working after a while? I turn bluetooth on and off no difference. Its just such a hit or miss sometimes or actually too often. I really came to enjoy using the Quest 2 but I just spent 2hrs troubleshooting and restarting and now another hour redownloading and installing 8GB of oculus software so that it's good for a few weeks before needing another install. I could not trust showing this device off to friends or family as issues like this would be very embarrassing. Also, I go through the trouble of updating windows. Then my **bleep** graphics card and it still won't work.. so now a full Oculus software reinstall again. Hopefully, that does it but I treat my device like gold and store it well when not in use, never dropping it. It just goes bad on its own after a while. I was really afraid to break my streak of playing every day but when issues like this keep happening it really digs into whether or not I want to RISK wasting a couple hours to get it to work. So I'll be wanting to play but putting it on then having to take it off to check pc test usb connection restart pc it gets really frustrating and I wear glasses so it's always an extra ordeal. Im not %100 sure my next VR purchase will be a Meta or with Facebook. Bajillions of dollars and their hardware and software sucks even so many generations in. What is going on?
Hey there. Thank you for letting us know there's an issue with your PCVR link failing. We appreciate you troubleshooting on your end! We recommend that you gather your logs, and place a support ticket. Use these steps to gather your logs:
1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe * The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
Once we gather your logs, we can have a specialist deep dive into your issue. Thank you!