cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCVR does not work

JeRagequit
Honored Guest

Hello,thanks for clicking on this topic.😊

I am making it because i can't play in link with my quest 2.

My setup :
Radeon RX 6500 XT (Without video encoding,i know,but i don't care)

Intel core 11400f

16 gb ram ddr4

I made the usb test and it is ok.

Do you know what's the problem?

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, we know how connecting to your PC with Link can really take your VR to the next level! We're here to provide some helpful information for you about that with your specific set up. While it sounds like you have a compatible CPU and enough RAM, your GPU is not fully supported, and that seems like the most likely reason why you're having issues. We'd recommend checking out our article on Link compatibility where it shows all the requirements and lists compatibility with different components. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I know you say you don't care about the missing hardware video encoding, but Airlink does. Airlink is all about converting your game to a video stream that can be sent to the headset and hardware encoding is critical to that.

It is not airlink,it's pcvr with an oculus link.

Hello.

On your article,it says that RX 6500 is'nt recommended,but is it the same with my 6500 xt?

Link and Airlink are the same thing when it comes to needing hardware encoding. A quick Google shows that the XT has no hardware encoding. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=rx6500xt+hardware+encoder . It's hard to find anyone with anything good to say about the card, sadly.

I suspect you'll hit the same limitations with Virtual Desktop too - you can't really get around the need for hardware video encoding.

Kay-jb
Honored Guest

found the solution on how to play Steam VR with Oculus Quest 2 with an RX 6500 XT Graphics card. The ALVR project is our savior and now we can play Steam VR. All you need is a CPU that can do its own video encoding. Using ALVR can now allow you to play Steam VR. 

My setup:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x

GPU: AMD RX 6500 XT

RAM: 16 GB

VR: Oculus Quest 2

Kay-jb
Honored Guest

6500 doesn’t have video encoding so your Pc and headset won’t work be able to communicate without this program