cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLS help: game not available in PC OCULUS app

pavsko
Honored Guest

Hi,

I have just bought game Jurassic World Aftermath and I can see it in my ordres (https://secure.oculus.com/my/orders/). But I don't see it in the PC OCULUS app.

I do not have any OCULUS headset now (I had Rift S two years ago), but I have REVERB G2. I can happily play my old RIFT S games via OCULUS Revive but this is the first time I bought new game from OCULUS. Why I do not see this in my library?

I bought it here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2708465082504733/

This game is for Quest- is this the problem? I thought there is only one OCLUS app where I can see all games for any OCULUS headset....

P.S. I use only my OCULUS account (I do not have Facebook account)

THX for help

3 REPLIES 3

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

That could be because you bought a game that's on the Quest/Quest 2, a stand-alone VR headset, but not Rift, which is a PCVR headset. You didn't buy a PCVR game.

EDIT: The Quest store and Rift store are not the same. There are titles that are in both, and some feature cross-buy. That means that you buy the game once, and it's available both for PCVR and on the Quest. Other games don't have cross-buy even though it's in both stores. And still other games are exclusive to PCVR or exclusive to the Quest store.

That's one advantage of owning a Quest or Quest 2. You get access to both the quest store and Rift store, in addition to Steam VR. Meanwhile the Rift S only has access to Steam VR and the Rift store. A situation shared by anyone using ReVive to play Rift exclusives.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

THX very much for the answer. Well, that is quite a mess with the Oculus store... I thought that Quest headsets can be plugged into PC so that its games should be available for PC too.

What should I do now? My game is not available for Rift S apparently and I don't have Quest. Is it possible to ask for a refund? Or better is there any way how can I see this Quest game in my PC Oculus App to be able play it via OCULUS revive?

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

I'd try for a refund. Quest exclusives are only in the Quest store, and can't be played as PCVR games. They are stand-alone only. And you were right, a Quest can be plugged into your PC to act as a PCVR headset. Now it can also be a wireless PCVR headset out of the box, provided you have a good enough computer and router. Speaking of which, I'll probably be playing some Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners later today. I only have that via the Viveport store due to getting it for free last year.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?