cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pair to mobile app problem

Aliday_
Explorer

Can’t pair to the mobile phone oculus app. Phone and headset connected to the same WiFi 5 network, installed all upgrades, completed safety start instruction. Now it require to put 5 digit code to phone but it always show unable to connect. I have iPhone X with latest oculus app and iOS 14.4. Bluetooth is working fine with AirPods. I have rebooted phone, router, headset. Tried factory reset power+volume- to reset up WiFi on headset. The result is the same.

Still can’t connect. Shows unable to connect. When I type wrong 5 digit code, it shows “can’t find headset”, so it recognized but don’t want to connect to oculus quest 2.

It is absolute new, before me. My account is 5 years old, connected to Facebook with payment method. Pin code is configured .

Please help!

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just posting with the same problem except I am not able to see the 5 digit number on the headset.  Very frustrating and very disappointed that no one has answered your post dated 5 months ago.  If you have found a way to connect, please update.  Thank you, Kathy

Complete removing the app to reinstall it after phone reboot helped me

Rhythmos
Honored Guest

I have the same problem with my quest 2

Ill try what u guys say

Hey there @Rythmos and @Aliday_! This isn't what we like to hear! No worries, we'll get your mobile linked so you can get back to gaming! 
Here's a few troubleshooting steps you can take that may resolve your issue:

• Make sure your phone is connected to the same network as your headset
  • Reinstall Mobile App
  • Make sure all software is up to date
  • Ensure router is not blocking the connection to the app/headset

​​​​​​
​​ If you haven't already, please submit a support ticket here so that we can look into this further. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi , I have the same problem with my new Quest 2 headset. It does not give me a 5 digit code. I have tried all that you mentioned above and I have also reported this to support but had no response back. I have also tried connecting with different FB accounts still unable to find the 5 digits code on the headset. Please help.

Hi there! We're sorry to see you're having a hard time with pairing your device to your mobile app. If none of the troubleshooting steps above worked to resolve your issue, we would like to ask that you open a chat with one of our agents here. We want to do everything we can to get you paired and in the game.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey so I found out the 5 digit code is in the about section of the headset settings, rather odd placement for it but it's there, I'm on a galaxy A13 and the issue I'm having is the same but after tinkering around to find out what the issue is I've found its as soon as I connect my phone via Bluetooth the headset I have (oculus quest 2) makes my phone disconnect from the headset while keeping the headset connected to my phone causing my phone to throw errors, now that I know what the issue is though that means that this is an issue with the headset software so meta really needs to get their software in check cuz clearly it doesn't like Bluetooth lmao