cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing not working

alexis911.2022
Honored Guest

My oculus quest 2 just won't pair with my phone. I've tried it whit multiple cellphones,restarted the headset,the phones, uninstalled the app, I did all what I could. I checked everything and now I don't know what to do. Anybody knows something I could do ?

16 REPLIES 16

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We see you're having trouble pairing your device, as you mentioned. Don't worry, we can help you with this; we've got your back. Have you performed a factory reset on the device, also, please keep in mind that when you factory reset the device, the data will be erased, so make sure that cloud backup is enabled. 

Could we also inquire whether the device is broken in any way? Also, keep in mind that the Meta device can only be paired with one phone, so whatever phone was used to pair the device must be used to pair and unpairing the device.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DominatorVIP
Adventurer

I'm having the exact same issue only I have the original quest. I believe Oculus screwed something up in the newest update forcing users to use Meta accounts and such. 

I contacted Oculus Support and they said it's "an on-going issue and the Developers are working on it". Quite unacceptable for such a big company. Hopefully whatever it is gets fixed pronto.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you created a Meta account yet, and are you pairing the device on the same WiFi and Bluetooth?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Assuming you're talking to me, yes I've created a Meta account. And I'm not sure how I wouldn't pair the headset on "the same WiFi and Bluetooth". Maybe I don't fully understand, but all I see inside the headset is just "get the Oculus app" and a pairing code. Except that when I put the pairing code into the app it either spits out an error or gets stuck in a loop of endless pairing...

@DominatorVIP, if your Wi-Fi router is a dual-band router, then it has more than one signal output.

2.4Ghz, and 5Ghz.

Support is asking if all your devices are connected to the same signal. 🙂

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Oh thanks for the clarification! I have a Wifi Extender and a main router. Most of my devices will likely want to connect to the WiFi extender which is set such that each individual device can select whether it wants 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz respectively. Not sure if that'd be an issue. The main router however, I think is just set to 5Ghz all the time. Not sure though.

Hey @DominatorVIP here's a few more standard troubleshooting steps to try.

If you could do the following in this order:

Perform a Hard reboot

• Turn your headset off (hold power button down for 3+ seconds)
  • Hold the power button and the (-) volume button until the boot menu appears
  • Use the volume button to select reboot. Hit power to select reboot 

jffltsljhiu51.jpg

On your mobile device

• Delete the Oculus App
  • Open Bluetooth settings on your phone, select your headset, and "forget device" to clear the cache
  • Re-install the Oculus App
  • Restart the pairing process.

Things to note when pairing:

1. Make sure your headset and your phone are connected to the same WiFi signal.
    • Check that they are all the same WiFi Name and frequency.  
  2. Check to make sure your headset is nearby and turned on.
  3. Check your Wi-Fi signal. If your signal isn't strong, try moving closer to your router 
  4. Make sure that your app is up-to-date (since you've downloaded a fresh version it should be)

Please let us know if those steps worked 🙂

oculus-quest-2-listing-760x380.jpg

Thanks for the troubleshooting steps!

Unfortunately, they didn't fix my issue. I tried doing the Hard Reboot, but I don't see any "reboot" option, only the power off one, so it's less of a "reboot" and more of a "shut-down and then manually turn it back on" type of deal.

Something I noted while messing with the Bluetooth settings is that I can't "forget" the Oculus Quest because it's not even paired to begin with. It does pop up inside the "available devices" list (basically what devices are around you that can be connected to) and when I click on "Oculus Quest", the actual quest itself makes an audible beep/sound (the same one that it makes when you wake it from "sleep/idle mode") and on the phone it asks "confirm passkey is [insert 6 numbers here] to pair with Oculus Quest". If you hit yes, it thinks for a bit and then says "unable to pair with [oculus quest], please make sure the headset is ready to pair". So in other words, the headset KNOWS my phone exists, and that I'm trying to connect to it, but for whatever reason I just can't connect.

Any other troubleshooting you have that could maybe work? I really want to get this thing to work.

Hey @DominatorVIP , thank you for the update and thank you for trying all those steps for me.

Honestly the next best thing to do is to open a ticket with support , or you can send them a DM.

They have some tools they can use to help determine what the issue may be, but you'll need to provide some details about your account in order to authenticate your identity.  Stuff you don't want to post on a public forum for sure!

My guess is that there's something up with your WiFi router that is preventing the pairing.  When you open the ticket/chat make sure to list all the troubleshooting steps you've provided. 

Please keep us updated with what happens! 🙂