cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing oculus to multiple accounts

crewboy22
Honored Guest

So I have my Oculus paired to my dad’s account which is the admin and I made my own account and it won’t let me pair that account with my phone. So, most social apps I can’t use because it says it failed to authenticate my account. Whenever I try to pair it with my account it just loads forever even though I have the code.

12 REPLIES 12

Kronos1989
Honored Guest

I have a similar issue. I just got a Quest2 for my son for Christmas and my wife set up the device with her FB as the admin, was able to pair with her phone easy. I added my FB account as an additional and tried pairing...nothing. I have BT on, its all the same wifi net, I've even used the 5 digit code when asked. No joy. Would really like to see a solution for this.

MutedNewtThunderHawk
Honored Guest

I just chatted with support about the same thing. They said it is not possible at this time to do either. Only admins can cast and there can only be one admin paired to the device. We have to voice our feedback in the forums to add these features or get them changed. 

LauraV13
Explorer

Agreed! I also chatted with support and they confirmed only the Admin account will cast. Silly! It would be nice to have family members be able to have separate accounts and still cast from the additional account so we can watch and be engaged as well!

laurent_g
Explorer

I also miss this feature : The main owner is not always there when Oculus is used

Pintaple
Honored Guest

Me too, so does this mean I have to remove my mom from the head account or what?

@Pintaple If you're trying to pair your account, that would be the only way since pairing is set with the admin account. 

In order to remove the account, you'd need to commence a Factory reset on the headset. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

If I were to factory reset and make my account the admin would I lose all the games that were bought with the previous admin account or would they stay on the oculus?

Heya @Meta.Michael1. If you make your account the admin account, any purchases that was made on the other admin account will not be on the headset. This is because purchased apps and games are tied to the account itself and not the headset. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Nata0107
Honored Guest

If I change the administrator, can I then return to the old account?  Will purchased games be saved on the old account?