cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing downloads from Oculus store turns into cancelling download

Twiistaye
Honored Guest
Does anyone know why whenever I pause a game that's downloading from the Oculus store, the game restarts the install from scratch?

If the Internet goes out as well, the download will cancel completely, forcing me to restart it. Normally, the Internet goes out 3-4 times daily, and I can't download Asgard's Wrath without it cancelling due to Internet crashes.

It seems odd, because this doesn't happen with Steam or the Origin launcher from EA (recently purchased Star Wars: Battlefront II). Download continued after the Internet crashed.
43 REPLIES 43

StaRky_FR
Protege
Same here. We are probably waiting for the feature to be developped...

Anyway, if somebody has a fix or is the feature is out let me know. Asgards wrath 137Gb can only take multiple days from my 4G internet and since my IP adress is changing every day, there is no point trying if I can't pause the download.

ZaphodBB
Honored Guest
HEY FACEBOOK! Are you guys monitoring these threads? Because this problem is all over, here, on Reddit, everywhere.
LOT of people including myself are ready to return their sets.
A "we're aware and working on it" would go am awful long way right now.
If I can't get software for this thing I don't need it.

NinjaLawyer
Honored Guest
I was hunting around for a solution, and this thread came up - sad to see that there apparently isn't a solution.  Hope someone comes up with something.

I remember having this issue when I bought Lone Echo ages ago, but just assumed it was my system at the time.  Now I'm having the same issue with Asgard's Wrath, year's later.  

A download being able to pause is software store 101.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
We now got a much faster connection, but when Asgard's Wrath arrived we had a slow connection. Oculus hasn't updated their download program like ever, so things were bad back then too. Found out the best thing was to let the rig download during the night - and it worked, I got the game 🙂

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Ryamwhatiam
Honored Guest
So DISSAPOINTED the tech is amazing. My son wanted VR for years...I wanted VR for years but we can not play any games today. WHY???? Downloads start from scratch if you pause them we just found out. DOWNLOAD SPEEDS ARE INSANELY SLOW!!! I will tell everybody that is interested in an Oculus that you can not just hook it up to a computer to download a game. Downloads will take days. If you pause that download or you have to start from scratch. Its really sad that TODAY we were excited. Let games download over night.....Oculus powered off...start from scratch...how is this a thing? you also cannot alter your que once it starts. It will make you pull your hair out it will break your childs day.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fucking pissed! 6th time do-over. I've gone through 340gb of expensive bandwidth and it started over again. Thanks a lot for the "FREE" game. Phhht. It will probably cost me over 200 bucks.

RastaPuff
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue. I cant believe this issue has been around for years and years and they still havent figured out how to resume downloads. I live in an area with sketchy internet, so I pretty much cant download anything because the Oculus software drops the download if there is even a few seconds of lag. What a joke.

TooThickBigRick
Honored Guest
>:)
Please fix this, add a pause feature and fix the
having to restart download ordeal,not everyone lives

in a area where they have good internet. According to
your past history you cater to everyone's needs so
please cater to use "unfortunate" people that dont
have 100+ mbps. Some of us, like me only have
1.5 mbps...

RukaBTD
Honored Guest
Hey everyone
It's not an official solution but maybe trying NetLimiter 4 can help you?
Instead of pausing (= restarting) your download, just let it go but limit the bandwith it takes, so you can do your everyday life and then at night let it download at full speed? Can't garantee it will work but I did it with other programms and it went just fine !

Also, yeah screw FB for not doing anything about something that simple

Mythicl1
Honored Guest

ZaphodBB said:

HEY FACEBOOK! Are you guys monitoring these threads? Because this problem is all over, here, on Reddit, everywhere.
LOT of people including myself are ready to return their sets.
A "we're aware and working on it" would go am awful long way right now.
If I can't get software for this thing I don't need it.

can you send me a link to the thread?