cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried adding my credit card but it doesnt let me, i've tried everything in oculus app, my quest 2 and mobile app none of them lets me add my card but then i tried etc, steam. And it let me purchase stuff with the same credit card i tried in oculus.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! It's a pity when your payment method isn't working, but we're here to help! Click HERE for some things you can do to get you back up and running in the Oculus Store. If you need additional help, feel free to send us a DM or click THIS to submit a Support ticket. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! It's a pity when your payment method isn't working, but we're here to help! Click HERE for some things you can do to get you back up and running in the Oculus Store. If you need additional help, feel free to send us a DM or click THIS to submit a Support ticket. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is a bull---- response and ridiculous. It's a known issue and you provide no support to help. Even when we reach out via chat, email we get NOTHING in return. You should be ashamed of yourselves for scamming people. This was a horrible Christmas gift considering we haven't been able to use it ... all because of a well known and documented defect that hasn't been addressed. Your support is also lackluster to say the least. 

this is crap, i tried everything, including Paypal, which obviously is fine since i just bought something and it went through. Can't buy games, you are loosing money not fixing this major issue. Considering retuning my $400 quest 2 that simply just sits there.

not working!!! Sell your games elsewhere than the oculus store, please.

Hey there KillGrave, thanks for your input! Having your payments fail can definitely put a damper on your day, but we want to make sure you get back in the game! Has your financial institution placed any restrictions on your payment method? That seems to be the common denominator when dealing with things like this. If there aren't any restrictions, you'll need to reach out to us via our support channel for further assistance. Thanks!

Nice try. I have reached out via the support channel from my laptop as well as from my phone and since i was not getting any response I came here on the community. I was in fact glad to see that i was not alone. I finally got a response via email and did everything they said as far as contacting Paypal, Bank and Credit card companies. No across the board from all of them as far as "set restrictions" The problem resides in your court and if I was head of the company this would be the first thing i would fix so that I could make money selling games!!! As it stands right now, i have all these games in my wishlist, waiting to be bought and I CAN'T BUY THEM!!!!! So i could suggest that you either fix this issue for people to buy games OR offer a solution to buy games or game codes even somewhere else that does accept all my payment methods. My money works it's your store that doesn't or are you simply waiting for all the on sale games to go back to full price to fix the issue? I mean seriously, fix this please.

Rustythefloorman
Explorer

I have the same problem and I have 2 original quest's and I wanted to buy the 2 and it  wouldn't take any form of payment so I went to best buy and bought the 2 and now I still can't buy any games or even update my bio. I update my support ticket everyday and nothing all week. I'm looking to see if there is a class action lawsuit started yet

well please let me know because i sure will join!! Spent two hours on "live chat" yesterday and they ended up putting a $20 credit in my account for my frustration and guess what you can't use store credits unless you have a method payment added which I CAN'T ADD TO ACCOUNT TO BUY GAMES!!!!! I tried adding payment methods, all of them, from my sister's house, so different internet than my own, and it is not working at all. I am stuck with free games or watching netflix, I am about ready to get my $400 back and return this. Maybe they are waiting for games that are on sale to go back to full price and then fix it. RIDICULOUS!!!!!

I did everything you suggested from clearing browser, restarting browser, tried a couple different browser, tried from my sister's house (different internet), contacted PayPal, Discover, American Express, Visa, Mastercard and my bank debit card and all said the same: THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH ANY OF THESE ACCOUNTS, IT'S OCULUS STORE THAT HAS THE ISSUE. My question now would be is the particular Quest 2 I got defunct and do I need to return for a different one or return it all together?? And by the way thanks for the $20 store credits to "appease" me but even that I can't use to buy a game because, yes you guessed it, it asks for a method payment before i can use these credits. Now all the games i want to buy that i have sitting in my wishlist that are on sales are gonna go back to full price AND  the credits you "added" to my account are not only UNSUSABLE but they will EXPIRE  before i can even get the chance to use them. You could give one million credits it wouldn't matter to you because people like me that this issue is happening to, and no i am not alone, would not be able to use them and therefore go back into your own pockets. This is just so frustrating and outrageous!!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, GET ANSWERS FOR US!!!