cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc shut down when putting on oculus (Update)

KysonNevermore
Level 2
when setting up my oculus headset the pc crashes just after finishing the guardian setup, if I go to a game like vr chat then the game will start up fine but as soon as I put on the headset my pc turns off. I have a ryzen 5 2600, 8 g ram and a rx 580 with a 550watt power supply with freshly updated graphics drivers. what could be the issue? Is my power supply not enough so it just shuts down without warning?
Update! I tried putting on the headset without a game and it flashed then the pc shut down and I had to reset windows, must have been a power issue to make it shut down and damage windows like that so I am getting a 700 watt power supply to boost it 
2 REPLIES 2

sraura
Level 7
Just in case... have you gone through these yet?

Also sounds like a power issue to me. You might want to check at least following;
- If you gpu has it's own power connector, make sure that it is connected to PSU
- In windows power options, under high performance, restore default settings to this plan*.
- If possible, try connecting Rift to different usb port(s) than where it is currently connected.
- If nothing else seems to work, also try some older driver version which you have proven to work with traditional games before.

*) Oculus seems to use that plan and this is just to make sure it doesn't have any weird settings.

Good luck 🙂

MBandoch
Level 2
Hi there, any updates on this ? 

Your new PSU fixed the problem?

Thanks 😄