cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Technical Support

Oculusvrdude
Explorer

At first I thought that Oculus support was going to be a pleasant surprise.  They actually responded to my issue (Oculus Quest 2 headset doesn't find my left controller) fairly quickly and we traded some e-mails back and forth.

But after my last e-mail, wherein I gave them all kinds of information about my purchase, they have gone completely dark.  No response to any of my e-mails.

I now own a hunk of worthless plastic that I owned for less than six months. 

I used to be excited by this product and actually encouraged it's use in the social platforms I use.  Not any more.  These guys are horrible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oculusvrdude
Explorer

Update.

I received a new left controller from Oculus.  They paid for all the shipping, including the shipping costs for sending in my broken controller. The new one works like a charm.

So apart from a break in the support chain where I wasn't getting a response, everything worked out in the end.

I hope other people are also getting their issues resolved.

Regards,

Tim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Linc2012
Explorer

I agree and I’ve only owned mine for a month and a half. It’s very frustrating, they need to do a better job of support.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, we're truly sorry for the poor experience with our support team. We're actually experiencing some pretty high ticket volumes at the moment and it's affected our turnaround time. We'd be more than happy to check into this and confirm the current status, can you please provide your ticket number? Thanks.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Greetings,

I sent an e-mail to your support organization explaining that if I didn't hear from them I would file a claim in small claims court.  Shortly afterwards, I received an e-mail informing me that an RMA had been initiated on my behalf.  The RMA number is 258485245866147. It's certainly possible that the RMA was initiated without concern for any court filings, but that's what happened.

I sent the controller back on 3/20/21, we'll see how it goes.

FWIW, it's certainly encouraging that someone from the Oculus Community team responded to this thread and that I have a process for getting a working system restored.  Although I am now hopeful, the issue is not yet resolved.

I'll post updates as things move along.

Oculusvrdude
Explorer

Update.

I received a new left controller from Oculus.  They paid for all the shipping, including the shipping costs for sending in my broken controller. The new one works like a charm.

So apart from a break in the support chain where I wasn't getting a response, everything worked out in the end.

I hope other people are also getting their issues resolved.

Regards,

Tim

Good to hear, thanks for the update. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Delighted that your issue has been solved, friend. Currently going through a very similar experience i do have to agree about their response time. I dont mind waiting a bit but not knowing anything is infuriating. Maybe just a little email (could even be automated) saying that the request has been either, recieved, under revision or whatever would be a good change. Oculus cannot leave their faithful customers hanging without info.