cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor head tracking on new CV1

Adam_Murray
Explorer
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with my new CV1 where about once a minute the head tracking will freeze for a couple of seconds then continue as normal. 
I've removed all light from the room and I've moved my sensors from on the wall above my monitors, to just above my monitors, thinking that my monitors where in the way. The sensors are still over a meter apart and I have no clue why this is happening. I've updated my USB 3.0 drivers as I was originally have issues with oculus not recognising them as USB 3.0 but USB 2.0 but I've not had any error messages since. Any help would be great thanks 🙂 

system specs:
CPU- i7 5820k@4.5Ghz
GPU- x2 msi armor gtx 1080 (SLI disabled for VR use)
mobo- msi x99 SLI plus
Storage- Samsung 850 evo 250gb 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adam_Murray
Explorer
Right i found what the issues was I had a PCI-E wfif card installed that was interfering with the head tracking. I've removed with wifi card and I'm now using an Ethernet connection from my internet access instead and my head tracking is working perfectly now. thanks of all your help and suggestions   🙂 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you install this driver? It should resolve some sensor issues.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X99A-GAMING-7.html#down-driver
Click your OS -> Other Drivers -> Asmedia USB 3.0 driver
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Adam_Murray
Explorer
yeah that is the drive I updated. After looking up potential issues, I am only 2 feet from my sensors will this be a possible cause? I only play sim racing games with the rift so I'm fairly static and can't really move any further back. 

MorciXL
Honored Guest
Which version of Windows are you running? Im having some identical problems since i have updated to Fall Creators Update (Windows 10, ver 1709).. and also started a threat if someone has any solution.

reefy86
Adventurer
2ft does sound really close i prefer to be around 5-6ft away from my front sensors 

Adam_Murray
Explorer
yeah I'm using using the latest version on windows 10, I'm not currently able to trouble shoot due to work atm but I'll come back in a day or so with more updates. I've been reading that USB controller bandwidth can be an issue so I'll try connecting one sensor to a front USB and I'll report back with my results then 

Cpt_Custard
Adventurer
I think from reading posts on these forums the latest Nvidia driver may of fafed up tracking somewhat

Adam_Murray
Explorer
Right i found what the issues was I had a PCI-E wfif card installed that was interfering with the head tracking. I've removed with wifi card and I'm now using an Ethernet connection from my internet access instead and my head tracking is working perfectly now. thanks of all your help and suggestions   🙂