cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Meta merge - Unable to load profile.

JustWool
Honored Guest

Hi folks, my app updated over the weekend and I was forced to do the account merge - since then I can't see my Profile when I click on it in the Meta Quest 2. Apps and air link seem to work fine and the merge *seems* to have worked but I just get an unable to load profile message when I try to go to it.

What'd I do and how do I fix it?

6 REPLIES 6

Becorby
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue dude.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys! There have been some hiccups and bugs with the rollout of Meta accounts, and the engineering team is working hard on getting them all fixed as soon as they can. That being said, we do have some troubleshooting steps we can try here to get your profile showing up right!

Have you been able to get your headset paired and connected in the mobile app after setting up your Meta account? If not, that's the first thing we'd suggest trying! (You'll want to make sure you're logged in to your Meta account on the app first.)

Let us know if that works, or if you run into anything along the way. And if you see any errors there, please send a screenshot too so we can see what exactly is going on!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi there, 

my headset and mobile app seems to play nice - I can stream to my mobile and the mobile recognises when it's connected and on etc. Not noticed any weirdness on that, just inside the headset when I try to look at the profile it's funky. 

In my meta accounts centre I have a facebook account and a meta account along with a facebook account and a horizon profile. 

God knows if this is what is supposed to happen or whether I messed up the convoluted process somewhere - I didn't ask to change, I was quite happy logging in via facebook already.

Well it's at least good to hear that everything else seems to be working right! 

In regards to the profile looking...funky, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing? That way we can understand a bit better of what exactly is happening, and figure out what to do! (And if you'd prefer, you can private message the screenshot to us instead of sharing publicly here.)

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Well I just went to my headset to get said screenshot of the error message (It was literally the error I wrote) and it seems over the past few days since I posted this, the problem has been fixed. I've not been on my headset since Friday as I've had COVID, so been mostly sleeping but I put it on today and yeah, profile's there showing my avatar, as normal, showing my horizon profile and liking to my phone and PC - no issues at all. 

I guess it just took a few days for the account changes to filter through and everything to resolve itself in the profile module.

Oh yay! So happy to hear everything is working how it should be now! There were definitely some bugs that came up once Meta accounts were rolled out, but our engineering team has been working to get them all fixed, updated, and working right. Sounds like this one was fixed!

If you ever have any other questions or concerns in the future, you know where to find us!