cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Elite Strap replacement

EddieMan1
Honored Guest

I've been trying to get my broken elite strap replaced. I started the process almost a month ago, Oculus received my broken elite strap on the twelth of March. The email I received telling me that oculus received my broken elite strap said I would receive information on the replacement in two to three business days, It is the twenty ninth and I have not recieved any information from oculus on the replacement. I've spoken with support chat twice, one person saying I should recieve information in two to five business days, which didn't happen, and the other person telling me it will be reseached and that I should receive an email from oculus support reseach department, I did not get an email. I also sent a new email a couple of days ago to try to find out what was going on and have not gotten an answer to it yet. My experience with Oculus support hasn't been very good, even though the support people were very friendly and seemed to want to help, my problem with getting the replacement elite strap still excist. They have my broken elite strap that has a two year warenty and that I payed for and I haven't gottem a replacement yet.

3 REPLIES 3

jim.haven.007
Explorer

I am in the exact same boat. Horrible service on a defective product. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just come on to the Support pages to see how long the process of getting a replacement should take. My Elite strap cracked about a week and a half ago, logged a ticket with Oculus the same evening and got a response back within a couple of hours asking for some details (proof of purchase, model number, etc.). I replied straight away with all requested information but since then I've heard nothing. I can't even find a way to check my ticket status

js1965
Explorer

My Elite strap with battery has broken after less than 6 months. They've agreed to replace it with the new one. I've sent my broken back to Oculus in Hong Kong and received a new one but without the battery. After that, it is impossible to get any support, two online chats, one email attempt, nothing. Unacceptable customer service. I am in Australia and there is no local support for Oculus, everything is online. I will be raising this to FCT (USA Federal Trade Commission ) and ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission).