cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using the Quest 2 on PC

Kato1jr
Honored Guest

So I like to use my quest 2 with PC games and usually use Airlink or cable link to play my games.

When trying to do so today I got a message pop up on the oculus app stating that "Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics drivers" I looked this up and it seemed to be an issue people used to have on AMD (I'm on intel for CPU and Nvidia for GPU) and I saw people stating try reinstalling your graphics driver so I did that and nothing still the same.

Any ideas what I should try here? I literally just can't play PC games with my quest now which is like 95% of what I use it for.

Any advice would be appriciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JindoGamedev
Explorer

Just wanted to relay this other thread that seems to have the solution, I just checked and I do have this program called Overwolf installed, apparently uninstalling it and restarting your PC will fix the issue, https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Oculus-has-detected-a-problem-with-your-grap...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Kato1jr, thanks for reaching out. We see you are running into some issues with your Oculus Link no longer working with your Quest 2. We also see that you attempted to reinstall your drivers also with little luck. 

If you haven't tried already, updating your drivers to their latest versions might fix the issue, please check to see if your USB, Windows, or Graphics drivers have any updates. Please install any updates and then after restart your computer.

You can also try to repair the Oculus app. To Repair the Oculus app:

1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup and click Download Oculus Rift software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.

• If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.

• If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.

• Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.

3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus app.

Please let us know if either of these solutions worked or if more advanced troubleshooting is needed. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TheMosa
Honored Guest

hmm, we got this problem at the same time. I went to play link about 2 hours ago and this happened. I've tried every fix that I could possibly find but nothing worked. At this point I think its an oculus problem but if you find anything that fixes this let me know. Same goes for if I find something. GL

jagsubterra14
Explorer

I also have been having this same problem around the same time and I have tried everything to fix it. I can't get my rift s to display anything and also my quest 2 over air link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I use a Rift S and just today I got the same error as you "Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics driver." I know you have a quest 2 but I wonder if its a similar problem? I have a nvidia 1070. 

TabbyLlama
Honored Guest

Started having this same problem today with the OG Oculus Rift CV1 and I'm also on Intel i7-10700k and a RTX 3080. I've restarted my PC, upgraded drivers, downgraded drivers, "repaired" oculus, changed ports, updated usb drivers, nothing is working. Seeing how everyone is having similar issues I'm guessing it's not in my end. I guess I'll wait to get to use this again.

JindoGamedev
Explorer

NVidia GTX 1080 here, using Oculus Quest 1 and experiencing the same issue since about 20 hours ago, have tried everything from restarting, driver upgrade/downgrades, install repairs, uninstalling recording software, switching between Link/Air Link, there was also an update to Oculus software in the last hour but that didn't do anything either.

Judging by the sudden volume of people experiencing this same problem I guess we just have to wait for a fix from Oculus.

DavidBramberry
Explorer

Having the exact same issue, sprung out of no where. Thankfully I'm not alone here, seeing as so many others are having the exact same problem. Hopefully we see a fix soon.

JindoGamedev
Explorer

Just wanted to relay this other thread that seems to have the solution, I just checked and I do have this program called Overwolf installed, apparently uninstalling it and restarting your PC will fix the issue, https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Oculus-has-detected-a-problem-with-your-grap...

Thank you! I uninstalled overwolf and restarted my PC it fix the problem.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?