cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Oculus link

TheRayGamesNL
Honored Guest

Hi there! 

Recently i got a problem with my Oculus quest (1). I've had it before the oculus update 25, where it would kick me out of link without any warning and the sound would be so stuttery where it's unable to use. I've had these problems for about a month now and really didn't notice them since it would only do it once every half an hour, but then it became more and more. I tried multiple things, reinstalling my oculus software, restarting the computer and even factory resetting the quest. Resetting the quest only worked for a few days when it came back.

I do have to state that i use the oculus charger out of the box but never had any problems with them until now. 

I have a,

GTX 1050 TI GPU

I5 8400 CPU

8 GB RAM

I hope to see that im not the only one with this problem.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, you may be encountering the limitations of the 1050ti. That GPU is the minimum needed for the Rift but for Link it has to take on the encoding load as it sends to the Quest.

Performance may be better or worse with each update but I'm afraid the bottom line is it's not a supported card for Link.

I assume when you say you're using the Oculus charger, you mean the supplied cable, rather than a USB 3 cable. You may get better results with a different cable but all round, I'd say you've done well to get things working as you have.

The varying frequency of disconnects and stutters may be related to the apps running, some may be more demanding and therefore adding to the problem.

DrGNOLA
Protege

My card is a 1070GTX, I7, 32RAM, and I've had to dial back the bit rate and even resolution each update to reach worse levels than before. I imagine this is progress: (

Hi, so i tried it with another graphics card and still nothing changed, i also tried setting the priority of OVR to high and closing apps and still didn't work and it still keeps on kicking me out of link.

What card are you now using?

Do you have another cable you can test? preferably a USB 3 cable that has good recommendations for Link use? (do a quick search on this forum) Quest 1 suggests there may be more wear and tear on the cable or the connections than a newer Quest so always worth checking.

rocknrolz
Protege

I have the same issue. It is very easy to tell just by listening to the choppy, stuttering audio. You don't even have to be in a game, it is very apparent even in the link home environment. 

Quest 1 is unplayable via link all of the sudden. Quest 2 is playable, but the issue is still there. I've been using link for a year and have loved it so much. I've had no hardware changes.

Hi,

I tried cleaning the ports (of the cable, computer,possible adapter, and of the glasses) with a thoothbrush. It removed some of the stuttering. 

Hope it works for you and people that see this.