cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with headset after Oculus Update

Klukk_klukk
Honored Guest
Was prompted to update Oculus today. Afterwards, headset can't be found. The cables are in the same ports as yesterday when I bought it and installed it for the first time. So after one day of use, it's not functioning. Have tried updating graphic card driver, updating windows 10, restart Oculus sw, rebooting computer and VR sw using Oculus, all several times, pulling out all usb cables and putting the headsets cables back in first. Trouble only arose when updating Oculus. I use Autodesk Live and Iris Prospect for VR in the AEC Industry. This is critical now, since it's the project office computer where all project participants are supposed to use the VR model whenever they want and need. How can I fix this? Is it possible to set back the Oculus software like before updating? Can't find either the hdmi nor usb cable for headset. Sencors are found. Please help me!!
7 REPLIES 7

ColinB
Adventurer
Using the CV1 for "serious" work is not ideal especially in your line of business.
It's still very much in developer mode and certainly not worth relying on for what you want.
You could try a system restore (if you have one) from an earlier date or...maybe it's all of a sudden :smile: "working again for no reason whatsoever"  🙂

bagpuss22
Honored Guest
What graphic card and driver?  I just had to roll back my GTX1080 driver to the previous one as I had a similar issue...

Klukk_klukk
Honored Guest

ColinB said:

Using the CV1 for "serious" work is not ideal especially in your line of business.
It's still very much in developer mode and certainly not worth relying on for what you want.
You could try a system restore (if you have one) from an earlier date or...maybe it's all of a sudden :smile: "working again for no reason whatsoever"  🙂

ColinB: I've used HTC Vive for the same purpose for about 6 mnths now, never any issues there. The salesman when bying another pair, insisted that Oculus Rift was better than HTC Vive for my purposes. "Everyone" is usng them, even in my Industry. This was a "neutral" salesman, meaning he don't work for Oculus. So I trusted him. I'll try restoring my systems. Thanks!

Klukk_klukk
Honored Guest

bagpuss22 said:

What graphic card and driver?  I just had to roll back my GTX1080 driver to the previous one as I had a similar issue...

GTX 1070, updated with the driver on their homepage as of yesterday. Thanks, I'll try that as well.

peetezaah
Explorer
Did it solve your problem?
HP Omen 17-w103np: i7 6700HQ, GTX 1070  16GB DDR4, 3 x 3.1 Gen 1 USB, 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD 

Klukk_klukk
Honored Guest

dRumMzZ said:

Did it solve your problem?

I removed and then reinstalled Oculus software, and then it worked like "normal".  Strange thing though.

ColinB
Adventurer
Unfortunately at the moment what you did was "normal".
Just like the Boy Scouts...Be prepared... to do it again.