cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUEST 1 CONTROLLER DISCONTINUED

IFF-BE-RAPH
Honored Guest

Since I'm not the only one complaining about the out-of-stock controllers, I'm going to open this topic. After buying a QUEST 1 on amazon about 14 months ago, I find it scandalous to have to put this one in the trash because I can't find a replacement controller in stock somewhere. Planned obsolescence is a shameful practice. Really a shame.

41 REPLIES 41

MJ_HEED
Explorer

Indeed.   If this is the level of support Oculus has planned for it's customers, why would I want to buy anything else from them??   It's absolutely disgusting that you cannot buy replacements for the Quest1.   Oculus obviously believes in the non-sustainable "Disposable Society".....    just throw it away and buy our newest model.   Shameful. 

I do not condone Oculus's decision to stop supplying  Rift cv1, Rift S, and Quest 1 spares, and I do feel bad for those that are affected.  Unfortunately this often happen with many products imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

and it s why i did this post but it is also clear that they don't give a **bleep** to people's opinion. Steam VR will receive my money 

Hey there IFF-BE-RAPH, we understand your frustrations with not being able to purchase a replacement controller. We know how important it is to have both controllers for gameplay, and we want to get you back in the game.

We have located your account and as long as the reason you need a new controller is covered in the warranty, we encourage you to submit a support ticket. We would love to look into your options for a replacement. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The warranty is longer than 14 months? When did that happen?

@MetaQuestSupport please just sell us replacement controllers.  When one of our Quest 1 controllers fail, the ENTIRE Quest 1 is unusable.  You have to have controllers.   I don't even mind that their beyond warranty.... I'll pay for a new controller.   But there are none to be purchased *ANYWHERE*,  not even the Oculus store.   why?  Where are the spare parts for your loyal customers? 

It is unbelievable to me that Meta has done this. I have $100 kitchen appliances that parts are sold for 25 years after they're discontinued and Oculus doesn't sell a $70 part that makes a $400 quest work? Absolutely a horrible company. 

n_tops
Honored Guest

Wouldn't be so bad if they enabled hand tracking by default.  Allowing you to reset and reconfigure a quest after a controller has died.  At least then it could be used for something (PC VR Flight/Car sims, watching Videos etc.).

Strongit
Heroic Explorer

Here's a wild, crazy idea.  A firmware update that allows quest 2 controllers to be used by the quest 1.

AFAIK the compatibility issue is with how the LEDs work.  They don't flash as often in order to maximize battery life but looking at the patterns via google they look exactly the same.  Either update the quest 1 headset to be able to track them or allow a compatibility mode on the quest 2 controllers.

Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz