cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUEST 1 CONTROLLER DISCONTINUED

IFF-BE-RAPH
Honored Guest

Since I'm not the only one complaining about the out-of-stock controllers, I'm going to open this topic. After buying a QUEST 1 on amazon about 14 months ago, I find it scandalous to have to put this one in the trash because I can't find a replacement controller in stock somewhere. Planned obsolescence is a shameful practice. Really a shame.

41 REPLIES 41

blueflamingo17
Honored Guest

My god, I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with this. i got my oculus 1 about a week or so before the announcement of the quest 2, and that just pissed me off. when I broke my controllers playing Drunken Bar Fight, i immediately went scavenging for replacements. no officials. ok cool, I'll just buy some third parties. wrong. still hard to find WORKING, DECENTLY PRICED, CONTROLLERS. ok, i'll just get Q2 controllers. wait, they arent compatible? well, im about to get a laptop, so about a month of this will be fine, then i'll just get the Rift S. DISCONTINUED. fine, I'll get the quest 2- NOPE, ALREADY SPENT ~$1000 ON THAT LAPTOP, SCREW YOU, TOM. if anyone knows how and where to fix my controllers, I would be more than happy. can't play for more than an hour before my left goes flying into the abyss because of its crappy tracking skills. please make Q2 controllers compatible before i go to some other, already way better companies, Meta Quest

thanks,

Tom Roderick.

Sounds like you might have more fundamental issues with your controllers but fwiw i had success with mine cleaning them out with electrical contact cleaner as others have mentioned and there's videos online to show how to do this for quest controllers. Just some caution some videos don't mention the chemicals are toxic and so you should use gloves, ventilation as per instructions on can. Might be worth a try.

SassypantsJo
Explorer

UPDATE: BOTH CONTROLLERS HAVE BEEN SOLD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a spare pair of Quest 1 controllers that have never been opened. We spent $145 on these to get backups in case mine broke during the pandemic, but I never needed them so the boxes are still shrink-wrapped. This year I upgraded to a Quest 2 so I no longer have any use for them. Where would be the best place to sell them that's *not* eBay?

IMG_6259.JPG

Birdlover717
Honored Guest

"The Game was rigged from the start"

Hi, do you still have those controllers? My thumbstics started to act weird, so I tried to repair them, but my left controller does not track anymore. I have rift S, I believe quest 1 controllers are compatible, right?

hello bro we are interested in buy those, 

we are in california, are you still selling them ? 

http://www.vexvar.com
https://www.vexsoluciones.com
https://www.pasarelasdepagos.com/

Um, I'm not a bro ("Katie" = female), but yes, I still have the controllers and would be happy to sell them. Feel free to contact me via private message here.

-----------------

I don''t know if Quest 1 controllers are compatible with Rift since I've never owned a Rift.

They'll work with Rift S, not the original Rift.

Great suggestion! If people did this enough, caring about our e-waste, we'd be in a much better world.