cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quadro rtx A4000 - i tried it all with no success <-> maybe you can help ?

Qwest_it
Honored Guest

hi all.  sorry for the long post but its a long journey that still doesn't work. 

im usings this notebook:
Precision 7560, i9-11950H, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RTX A4000 LAPTOP
i have sketchup + Ensacpe 3.2
i have oculus qwest 2 + oculus software installed on my notebook.  

i open steam vr to make my qwest ready for vr from the pc software 

after i connect my oculus to the notebook  by type c, usb 3.2 cable link (that pass the cable test by oculus)  or even when i tried with air link with dedicated asus rt ax56u  wifi 6 router i get the same problem, to much lag when i move my head in vr mode. its making me sick,
I built all this configuration to work with Architecture models in vr but I don't have the option to present my clients the work right now.

I working with sketchup + enscape software that has the option to present vr mode. i can describe the lag like this - if I change the visual setting to draft or ultra in enscape it make no difference, the problem remains. 
If i dont move my head and just stare at one object it look fine, when i move my head i get those small jumps.
i read that rtx a4000 (Quadro) may couse the problem because its not gaming gpu, but i hope you have some kind of past example or any ideas how can i make it work better. 

i also make a standalone exe from enscape and checked it on draft or ultra - the same problem remains.

also i change the oculus visual setting with 72 , and make the lowest resultion i can but it still remains the same problem.

will be glad for any help ! 

5 REPLIES 5

You don't mention your OS (if it's Windows 11, expect problems) but yes, that's not a gaming GPU so performance will be down and it's not on the supported list so you won't get any official help.

Qwest_it
Honored Guest

hi, thx mate. 

im using windows 11

Quest 2 Link requirements are here:

https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/oculus-link-compatibility/

Both your os and gpu are unsupported, if possible you could try installing Win 10, but there're no guarantees for that being a succes. Personally I only buy hardware and use software where I'm sure of full Oculus support. I even waited buying the RTX 3090 until I was sure of it working with my Rift CV1. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Hi, I choose my pc specs for bim , inventor auto desk , solid works etc.. it’s mainly for construction systems , I was sure rtx 4000 is Vr friendly because it’s written in nvidia specification (even now when you enter their site) , oculus some how decide that rtx 4000 not supported, I really can’t understand why. So all  engineering field that use solid works and inventor can’t use oculus.

regarding windows 11 , don’t you think it’s too much to not upgrade the os due to one app like oculus that don’t even report a due date for support windows 11  (realese  date was 10/2021)  . I believe it can be fixed and hope someone can answer or suggest another ideas for this issue please 

Nvidia don't sell the A4000 as a gaming card. It's a workstation GPU for rendering, AI and other non-consumer applications. All they claim in the specs is "VR Ready", which is pretty meaningless.